Effective Communication Skills: Be a Better Communicator
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Our comprehensive, easy-to-follow Communication Skills course gives you the tools and skills to improve the quality and effectiveness of how you communicate with other people
- The course has its own workbook with a focused Action Plan – downloadable within the first “General Introduction” module – so you are able to practice and reinforce what you have learned
- You will get a great insight into good communication, how be a better communicator, overcome communication problems and get better outcomes
- Module 1: How Communication Works - Influence or Persuade? - Your Own Style - Five Communication Styles - The 6 Cs of Communication - The Four-Step Cycle - The Dynamics of Communication
- Module 2: Face-to-Face Communication - First Impressions - Appearance - On the Front Foot: Being Positive - Using the Right Words - The Three Components of Communication - Body Language and Non-Verbal Messages
- Module 3: Telephone Communication - Overcoming the Challenges of Telephone Communication - Improving Telephone Communication - Factors of Voice - Advantages of Telephone Communication - Disadvantages of Telephone Communication
- Module 4: Written Communication - Quick Tips for Types of Messages - The Power of Words - Right First Time - Keep it Concise - Address your target - Keep it Simple - Your Three Stage Structure
- Module 5: Questioning & Listening Skills - Verbal Signs of Active Listening - Non-Verbal Signs of Active Listening - Active Listening - The Five Levels of Listening - How Asking Question Helps You - Open and Closed Questions - The Funnel
- Module 6: How to be an Effective Communicator - Your Level of Understanding - Dismantling your Assumptions - Prejudices - Your Preconceptions: Stereotyping - Your History & Experiences - Asking for Feedback - How to Find Out What Others Think About You - Is your Self-Image Correct? - Getting your Self-Image Right - The Wheel of Communication
- Module 7: Overcoming Communication Problems - Four Tips for Delivering Difficult Messages - Delivering Difficult Messages - Dealing With Conflict - Dealing With Opposition - Barriers to Communication - Why Communication Goes Wrong
- Module 8: Getting Better Outcomes - Best Practices For Communicating Effectively - Timing: What's Best For Them - The Effect of Location - Intimidation
- You don't need any prior training or experience: just the desire to improve the quality of your interactions with people - whether family, friends or co-workers - with better communication skills.
Do you feel that people sometimes don't get your message?
Don’t you agree that better communication will improve everyone’s lives?
Whether you are having problems with communication, or just want to improve your understanding of how things fit together, you’ll pick up a host of tips, tricks and techniques for improving your life – whether in business or at home.
With every ZandaX business and personal development course, you get a workbook with an Action Plan (downloadable from the short “General Introduction” module at the start of each course). These are a great addition because they enable you to revisit and review your progress in a structured framework that is proven to work.
Our business and soft skills presenters have been chosen for their clarity and professionalism in getting the message across. You'll be engaged as well as educated!
And we don’t woffle! Do you want to sit through hours of over-explaining before you get the knowledge you need? We doubt it! So we make sure that everything is covered in easy-to-follow video lessons, and we get to the point so you make the best use of your time.
The course teaches you:
How Communication Works – do you influence or persuade?
Face to Face Communication – how to improve your technique
Telephone Conversation – how to use it to its full advantage
Written Communication – how to be more effective
Questioning and Listening Skills – use Active Listening to get real results
How to be an Effective Communicator – look at yourself and change your approach
Overcoming Communication Problems – dealing with conflict, opposition and barriers
Getting Better Outcomes – using Best Practice to get what you need
Each lecture is self-contained, so you don’t need to sit through them all: once you’re at a comfortable level, you’ll be able to use this as your reference library, where you can select what you want to view.
The course is aimed at anyone who wants a focused, practical guide to a skill that’s central to success and happiness in all our lives.
Upon completion (and with a little practice…) you will be able to give and receive communications in a way that improves the clarity and effectiveness of the way you deal with people.
We’ll say it again: don’t forget the course workbook and Action Plan – downloadable with the first “General Introduction” module at the start of each course – which uses in-course summaries and assessments with post-course reviews to really help you to develop your skills. And don’t forget to revisit and review the course as often as you want!
So this course is genuinely much more than just a talk-through video. We don’t think you’ll find better value, so why not enrol with us now?
- Anyone who recognises that good communications are the key to successful outcomes, more productive relationships - and a happier life!
- After the course, you’ll have a solid grasp of what makes for good communication, and how to achieve it
- The course is also a great resource you can refer back to – with the help of the Action Plan - to continually develop your skills