Effective Communication: Motivational Interviewing
- Suggested prerequisites would be Physics of Behavior Change by the IFIOC team
Do you want to improve your communication AND the outcomes from your communication? If so, you will love this short class as we teach a communication method called Motivational Interviewing! This course is a short course filled with basic details about Motivational Interviewing, it's efficacy, and stages of change in relation to creating behavior change.
*This is a pre-recorded training, credits cannot be given-if you would like to receive credits, please sign up for one of our live upcoming trainings.
- Those working in behavioral health, business and leadership, addiction field or those wanting to improve their communication skills
- Self Reflection & Change03:12
- Self Reflection on Change03:12
- What is Motivational Interviewing?07:15
- Understanding Motivational Interviewing2 questions
- Fidelity of Motivational Interviewing04:05
- Stages of Change & Motivational Interviewing11:25
Tami studied Speech Communications at Oregon State University. Once graduating she worked in the Senior Housing Industry for almost a decade before moving on to working at The Institute for Individual and Organizational Change, a communication skills training company. She loves playing tennis, training her dog, and spending time outside.
Favorite phrase: Allow yourself to be a beginner, no one starts off being excellent.
Graduating with a Masters in Social Work, I have studied behavior change for years. I was introduced to a new communication method when I was being "raised in the addiction field", called Motivational Interviewing. From that time, I fell in love with the process and how it's evidence based methodology truly impacts and creates change. Back in 2010 I started the Institute for Individual and Organizational Change to help leaders and companies impact outcomes through the way they communicate. We teach classes and courses on Motivational Interviewing that are customized to our clients either in person or online.