Business Writing Skills: The Basics of Written Communication
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 11 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You will overcome your fear of business writing by mastering the basics
- You will get the results you want by writing simply, clearly, and concisely
- You will eliminate writer's block using 5 simple steps
- You will easily use the correct word when choosing between commonly misused words
- You will make your sentences easy to understand by using proper punctuation
- You will be able to write effective business emails, memos, and letters using American English rules
- A good command of the English language
- A desire to write more effective business documents
In most businesses, good communication is one of the most important skills that you can have. And you need excellent writing abilities to clearly convey ideas. How well you communicate could even have an effect on the jobs you are offered. In order to be seen as a professional communicator, you must be able to write effective emails, memos, and letters.
What You Will Learn
Here's what you'll discover in this course:
Why good communication is so important (by completing a fun exercise!)
Hints and tips to make writing easier
How to stand out from the crowd by keeping your writing simple, clear, and concise
Which words are commonly misused (by many people!) and tricks to help you choose the correct word EVERY TIME
How to stop making those embarrassing mistakes when you write
Lots of Practice
A workbook is provided so you can follow along with the exercises. You will begin with the basics of good business writing, including how to keep your business writing concise. You will practice proofreading sentences.
You will learn which words are commonly misused and some tricks to help you choose the correct word. You will then learn how to properly construct each type of document.
You will complete a quiz at the end of each section to test your knowledge. At the end of the course, you will know how to effectively write basic business documents.
Why YOU Should Take This Course
Just think about having more effective writing skills. Think about how impressed your boss will be. Whether you are new to business writing, or just need a refresher, this course will help you.
Take Action Now!
Enroll now by clicking on the "Take This Course" button above!
- Anyone who wants to learn to write business emails, memos, and letters more effectively
In this lecture, you will learn the three questions to ask yourself before writing for business and five tips for better business writing.
In this lecture, you will learn the five steps to effective business writing. You will complete a writing exercise using these steps.