The course acts as both an introduction to quality Business Writing and a refresher course for those who need to remind themselves the basics of the business writing process.
You will learn to identify the purpose for your business writing, analyze your audience and adapt the content of your message accordingly. You will discover that the careful choice of words, their organization in sentences, as well as strong paragraphs are crucial for composing professional business agendas, business letters, emails, proposals, reports. You will learn best practices for revising and editing your business writing. Consider using helpful Effective Business English Writing Guide and checklists - created for you to help you plan, draft and correct your business writing.
This course includes a variety of resources to help you improve your business writing skills:
- easy going lectures with interesting content;
- short assignments and quizzes;
- downloadable guide and lecture materials;
- downloadable planning, review and edit checklists;
- links to free online tools for correcting and improving your business writing;
The course covers following topics:
- fundamentals of business communication;
- overview of business writing;
- planning business writing;
- structuring and writing;
- revising and editing techniques;