Effective Appium Tutorial with Real Project
What you'll learn
- Start mobile automation testing with Appium effectively
- Understand business and technical requirements based on real QA project scenario
- Know how to use iOS Simulator from Xcode
- Know how to use Android and Genymotion Emulator
- Use Chrome to identify locators for mobile browser effectively
- Use the correct strategy for page synchronization
- The demo in this course is based on in MacOS environment.
- Xcode is needed for running the iOS Simulator
This course provides you a step-by-step guide on how to setup Appium, Java, Maven, Xcode, Git, JUnit, as well as Xcode, Android SDK and Genymotion Emulator to build mobile automation test framework.
Learn with real project background
- Setup Appium effectively
- Manage code with Git
- Overcome challenges and pass your first iOS and Android mobile browser tests
- Overcome challenges and pass your first iOS and Android native APP/APK tests
Content and Overview
I designed this course from an email related Web UI automation project.
Starting from business requirements requested by QA Manager, I show you how to design the test framework and integrate state-of-the-art tools together to achieve the business requirements. I will walk you through the setup of these tools step by step.
Then as a QA Engineer, I will first manual test the test scenarios and write down the test steps. I will work with you together to turn these manual test steps into automated steps. Along the way, you will encounter challenges and solve them.
In addition to the original course, I added some lectures according to students' feedback, such test Android Native APK test and iOS Native APP test.
You will find this course very effective and helpful.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Learn how to design and build up test framework from scratch
- Know how to use the essential tools used by professional QA Engineer
- Over 25 lectures
- Source Code included
Who this course is for:
- The course is for you if you want to learn in detail how to setup and run your mobile test with Appium effectively
- The course is ideal for Junior/Intermediate QA Engineer who has basic knowledge of programming
- Anyone with a passion to learn the cutting-edge mobile internet tech
Worked in companies such as IBM, Microsoft and Thomson Reuters, I have 10+ years' experience in Software QA and development field, including 5+ years of building test automation framework for Web/Mobile UI testing and backend testing, and 2+ years as Java Developer.
I believe with mobile devices growing so quickly, automated web ui/mobile ui testing will become more and more important for companies, because it will improve the QA efficiency and accuracy dramatically.