EDIT YOUR FIRST SHORT DOCUMENTARY: Learn Premiere Pro
What you'll learn
- You will be able to complete your short documentary and release it to the world.
- This course will give you a solid foundation on Adobe Premiere Pro and the exact step-by-step blueprint I follow to edit all my documentary projects.
- You will have learned the entire editing workflow, and have a polished, edited video ready to post!
- We learn the steps to follow to set up properly all our footage, folders, Premiere project, and sequences.
- Then we will synchronize our audio and the main interview, we will start cutting that up and adding our broll, background music, lower thirds, ...
- And finally, I will end by adding our music and exporting our complete documentary.
- Premiere Pro or the free version from the Adobe site. No editing skills required.
This course will give you a solid foundation on Adobe Premiere Pro and the exact step-by-step blueprint I follow to edit all my documentary projects.
By the end of this course, you will have learned the entire editing workflow, and have a polished, edited video ready to post!
Everything that I will teach you is a lessons I’ve learned as a filmmaker over the past 20 years. All the lessons are broken down into bite-size information to follow with ease.
First, we learn the steps to follow to set up properly all our footage, folders, Premiere project, and sequences. We will establish a timeline and lay our footage and audio, and you will have a blueprint to follow each time, saving you confusion and frustration.
Second, when we have synchronized our audio and the main interview, we will start cutting that up and adding our broll, background music, lower thirds, graphics, images, audio, and video transitions to tell a cohesive story.
And finally, I will end by adding our music and exporting our complete documentary.
I will explain all of this using as a case study one of the short documentaries I worked on so you can follow up with editing your footage and posting it in the class project. I will be able to answer any questions you might have and give you feedback through the process.
Who this course is for:
- For people who have never edited a documentary using Premiere Pro
I’m a nine-time Emmy® nominated and award-winning filmmaker specializing in social and cultural character-driven long & short documentaries, and docu-series.
I've been a filmmaker for the past 23 years. I started with fiction and then fell in love with documentaries.
In the past 8 years, I’ve filmed and edited more than 300 projects for non-profit organizations and institutions and interviewed hundreds of community and political leaders. I worked with all kinds of clients, from arts and educational institutions, and non-profit organizations, to the Borough president's office and Chamber of commerce office.
As a fiction film producer and director, I worked on a diverse range of productions in Europe and the USA, including “The Child Within,” an international feature drama telling the story of three human trafficking victims which I wrote and directed and received recognition at the International Human Trafficking Conference in Texas and had a limited theatrical release.
I had the honor to be invited to deliver a commencement speech at Southern New Hampshire University.
I am a member of Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, The National Academy of Television, Arts & Science as well as New York Women in Film and Television.
My biggest joy and pride is to share my knowledge with inspiring filmmakers and I hope I can achieve that here.
Please, feel free to ask any questions that you have :)