Engineering Drawing - Simplified & Amplified
- 2 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Orthographic views will let you understand the genesis behind use of orthographic projections, different angle of projections along with importance and industry relevance of orthographic projections.
- Section of solids chapter will explain the importance of this concepts, its use & relevance in industry along with critical concepts and types of section views
- Development of Lateral surfaces topic will help you simplify the visualization of critical concepts along with its application in the industry
- Drawing Standards: Commonly used drawing standards worldwide and their region of use.
- Selected few drawing best practices as used by the industry
- Interpretation of drawing: How different department interprets the same drawing and what kind of different information in referred.
- Types of drawing: Commonly used different types of drawings by different stakeholders of critical value chain such as part drawing, assembly drawing, vendor drawings etc
- What is version and revision and how it is used to manage engineering drawing document within an organization.
- What is the difference between Drawing number vs. Part number
- What is the Bill of Material (BOM) ? How it is linked with Engineering drawing
- What is the difference between Engineering Drawing and Manufacturing Drawing?
- Introduction to the New Product Development (NPD) process and importance of Engineering drawing in NPD
- How Engineering drawing is used in other industries such as Heavy electrical, Electronics & Hi-tech and Construction & Civil industries
- Basic knowledge of Engineering Drawing
Engineering Drawing is the most effective and powerful mode of communicating engineering content for engineers in a consistent and uniform manner. With this in view, this course lays emphasis on introducing real life application of Engineering Drawing beyond the create and Read Objectives of such course, which we undertake as beginners.
This course is not a digitized version of course curriculum, but emphasis is more on select difficult concepts in a visualized environment with industry insights applications use cases. The format of the course is designed to encourage self paced learning using 3D visualized and simulated environment with immersive experience.
The course is logically structured in two distinct parts, the part A primarily is to deal with enhanced understanding of some difficult concepts through immersive visualization format of learning along with real life use cases, whilst Part B is more focused towards application and extension of Engineering Drawing in real life situations in different industries.
- The design of course is intended for both students who are learning Engineering Drawing as well for those who have undergone the course, however intend to extend their learning to application of the knowledge as relevant to real world in Industries.
- First Year engineering all streams. Second Year/Third Year/Final Year - Mechanical, Manufacturing,Automobile,Production engineering related streams
- First Year diploma all streams. Second Year/Third year - Mechanical, Manufacturing,Automobile,Production engineering related streams
- Any graduate who is looking to enhance his knowledge of Engineering Drawing as applicable to discrete manuafcturing or seeking employment in discrete manuafcturing.
An engineering drawing, a type of technical drawing, is used to fully and clearly define requirements for engineered items. Engineering drawing (the activity) produces engineering drawings (the documents). More than merely the drawing of pictures, it is also a graphical language that communicates ideas and information from one mind to another.
Graphical projection is a protocol, used in technical drawing, by which an image of a 3 Dimensional object is projected onto a 2 Dimensional planar surface without the aid of numerical calculation.
It is a graphical method of obtaining the area of the surfaces of a solid.
Part drawings are mostly applicable for engineered parts and uniqueness of an engineered part is defined by its fit, form, feature and intended function to perform.