(Oxford) Diploma : Real World Macro Economics
What you'll learn
- Economic battleground: Trump v Biden
- Current economic situation of the USA (Late October 2020)
- National Debt - is it a problem
- Consumption in America - a problem?
- Climate Change
- Economics of decluttering
- The Kondo effect
- Sunk costs
- Stroke risk - and how to reduce it
- None required except an interest in world economics
April 2021 update: New section added but - warning! - this includes homework. If you're keen on participating and discussing (with Instructor interaction) then this course is ideal BUT if you just want to watch videos and never post in Q/A this is not for you!
LATEST ADDITION: In-depth analysis of the ECONOMICS of Donald Trump and Joe Biden. Up to date as at 27th October 2020. Who knows - this may influence the way some people vote!!
This course looks at the two economies of the UK and the USA as they stand in early June 2019. During the visit to the UK by President Trump we look at the two economies - the one the UK PM is leaving behind as a legacy and the one President Trump is (temporarily) departing from.
As part of the analysis we apply basic macroeconomic concepts.
Key topic areas include:
This course is fully up to date and will be of interest to anyone interested in current, real world, economics
Just added: July 2019:
Workbook: Economics and decluttering
Chapter 1 : The economics of decluttering
Chapter 2: Decluttering the company
Chapter 3: How to declutter like an Economist
Chapter 4: Buy less…
Chapter 5: The economics of tidying up
Chapter 6: Declutter your business
Chapter 7: Mistakes people make when decluttering
Chapter 8: The Kondo Effect: the economy-changing magic of tidying up
Costs of clutter
5S lean manufacturing
Declutter your mail inbox
Declutter your home office
Wasting time and opportunities
Thinking like an economist
A rich life with less stuff
How much is enough
The art of letting go
Status quo bias
Minimalism and economics: the endowment effect
Two new workbooks have been added - one for Christmas 2019 and one for New Year 2020
Who this course is for:
- Those interested in world economic events - especially UK and USA
- Floating voters eligible to vote in the 2020 Presidential election - who might be swayed by Economic debate!
I currently volunteer for:
Different Strokes (Stroke charity) - Ambassador
Age UK - running a book club
NHS - Culture liaison
NHS - interview panels
Sport in Mind - Support
Multiple Sclerosis - Support Worker
Trinity Learning - - visit Primary Schools
Oxford Recovery College - tutor
Horton Hospital - Hospital radio
Story Telling Museum - guide
43+ years experience teaching Economics, Business, Sociology, Politics and other subjects in schools, universities and other colleges - State and Private Sector. Appeared in 100+ films (including corporate training and fitness videos). 100+ books on Amazon. Featured by the BBC, Polish TV, The Times, The Telegraph and...The Sun.
· University of Oxford (Philosophy and Economics)
· Oxford Brookes (Teacher training)
· University of Glamorgan (Business and Economics)
· Professional qualifications at Masters level
· Business and Economics degree
· Examiner for four major examining boards, at ‘O’ and ‘A’ level.
· Three teaching diplomas plus CELTA
· Qualified fitness trainer
Key academic positions held:
· Principal Oxford School of Learning
· Director of Studies: St Joseph’s Hall, Oxford
· Head of Economics: Cherwell Tutors
· Head of Business and Economics: Pipers Corner School, Buckingham
Founder: Almost Random Theatre
Business and Economics background
Set up and ran Oxford Conferences and ran 50+ Business/Economics conferences at schools - all fees to charity
Amazon Business/Economics books include:
· Case studies for Business
· Time management for teachers
· Creativity techniques in Economics
· Drucker in Business Studies
· Creativity in Business
· Business calculations
· Further applications of de Bono
· Applying de Bono
· Philosophy Games
Taught students at the University of Oxford , Brookes University and schools in the state and independent sector
Principal of Oxford School of Learning for 15 years
Created OSL Training and trained Business, Psychology and Sociology teachers
Set up Marketing Education Services in the 1980s and sold cassette tape recordings of my lectures at the University of Oxford
Featured in The Times, The Telegraph, the BBC, ITV and Polish national television owing to the success of my teaching techniques and subsequent success of my students.
Ex-Buyer for a major car company
Psychology and Motivation background
Author of 100+ books on Amazon (mainly Business/Economics/Psychology) including:
· GCSE Psychology thru Mind Maps
· AS/A2 Psychology
· AS Psychology thru Mind Maps
· A2 Psychology thru Mind Maps
· Lifestyle Plan
· The Internet and Psychology
Through his own business OSL Training has run training courses for teachers of Psychology
Writer of several plays about death and appeared in films dealing with death
Theatre and Film Career
· 2012 - set up Almost Random Theatre.
· Since 2012 the theatre has delivered workshops in Scotland, Wales, Czech Republic and Poland as well as 15 schools in England.
· Chris has written/directed over 50 short and 3 one-Act plays that have subsequently been performed in London and Oxford.
· Scripts for three of his plays have been sold, via an Independent publisher, to schools in the UK.
· Course-creator/author of Coping with Old Age and Death - one person's perspective.
· He has also had plays put on - and performed in - Oxford and Brighton Fringes, London, Scotland and Wales.
· Chris has appeared in over 112 films.
· Ambassador for Heart UK
· Stoke Lead and member of Research panel for the Stroke Association
· Board member of Stroke Club UK
· Ambassador for Different Strokes (charity)
· Member of PHC (Public Health Collaboration) UK
· Author of 6-volume Lifestyle Manual
· Author of other Lifestyle books on Amazon
· Originator of the Holman Protocol
Nothing in any of Chris's courses should be interpreted as linking to or representing any of the above stroke organisations.