Explaining the Core Theories of Econometrics
What you'll learn
- Learn the intuition behind the math, giving you a foundation to understand your university's econometrics material.
- Linear Regression, OLS & Gauss Markov
- Hypothesis testing including RSS method and Wald method
- When Gauss-Markov assumptions don't hold including multicollinearity and heteroskedasticity
- It would be ideal although not absolutely necessary if you already have an idea of basic university statistics and linear algebra.
"Much clearer than my Uni's lectures!" - Unsuya Karsan
In this course we'll help you understand the key Econometric theories and in particular give you an intuitive framework to build on. Econometrics can often feel overwhelmingly complicated. This course will give you a solid foundation to prepare for your specific University or College's Econometrics exam.
"It was really useful, very well explained and interesting. I recommend it" - Marius Meza
With rates for Econometrics tutoring starting out at about $50+ per hour, our price of $74 for over 4 hours of content offers additional value by giving you unlimited access to the material and allowing you pause, rewind, fast forward and generally review the content to increase retention.
"Excellent explanation! I'm taking an "Introduction to Econometrics" course as an undergraduate and most of the time the instructor is long on mathematics and short on intuition. I needed this video to help me grasp why estimators are biased, and you succeeded in doing just that. Job well done!" - seanch84
Our aim is to help you fully understand the key Econometrics theories so once signed up, please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you feel there are any topics that you would like more clarity on.
COURSE TOPICS COVERED
*Learn Simple and Multiple Linear Regression.
*Acquire knowledge of Gauss Markov assumptions and theory.
*Master Finite Sample Properties of Ordinary Least Squares (OLS) Method (including proof of unbiasedness).
*Become competent in Hypothesis Testing (including Normal, t, F and Chi-squared tests).
*Grasp Variable Misspecification (excluding a relevant variable, including an irrelevant variable).
*Understand Homoskedasticity and Heteroskedasticity.
"Truly outstanding. The reinforcement of the global view helped me understand the context and motivation of regression analysis. Plus, the reinforcement of the purpose of the regression intuition made the applied methods logical and easier for me to comprehend and thus learn. Nkaizu's Econometrics course taught me a lot! I wish there were a continuation of this course with advance applications. Thank you nkaizu!"- Edward Dunn
Who this course is for:
- If you are studying Econometrics at university or college and would like some assistance understanding it then we can help. Our course may also be useful if you are a top student who wants to learn faster and in a more efficient manner. Either way, this course is best watched all at once to give you a complete overview of the subject in a relatively short period of time, after which you can then return to your studies.
After studying modules like Linear Algebra, Calculus, Macro and Micro Economics as well as of course Econometrics at the London School of Economics and finding learning these subjects very difficult ourselves, we were inspired to set up an Education company: nkaizu that specialises in University level Economics and Math courses. After being successful with a Linear Algebra Course we created which got more than 100,000 views (on youtube), the next step was to work on this Econometrics course. We hope that if you are a student feeling understandably, overwhelmed by Econometrics, this will help you build a strong, intuitive foundation of understanding of the subject, which you can use to tackle preparing for your own specific Econometrics course and ultimately exam.