- 31 mins on-demand video
- 1 article
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Familiarize themselves with the ingredients and spices used in making Mexican food
- Learn to make basic Mexican staples at home away from Mexico such as salsas and tortillas
- Cook and prepare several Mexican family dishes for everyday use even if you live away from Mexico
- In able to cook the recipes taught in this course, students will need basic kitchen tools such as pan, knife, chopping board, kitchen spoons, and kitchen stove.
- Some of the ingredients used in recipes may not be easily accessible so you will need to order some of it online or visit Mexican specialty stores if there’s one near you.
- A clean and safe cooking environment is a must for anyone who cooks. Put in practice the basics of food safety.
- Some specialized kitchen tools will be useful like a tortilla press or blender but is not a requirement.
Four years ago, I was in New York City. The place was really amazing. Everything was new to me - the diversity of people and languages, the subway system, laundromat, and the Mexican Delis among many others. I loved that city and even until now, the memories still seemed fresh whenever I think about it.
When I came back to Japan, one of the things that I couldn’t forget is the taste of the salad with a cumin dressing, refried beans, tinga con pollo served with Mexican rice that we always order at the Mexican Deli beside the Laundromat at a street in Brooklyn while we wait for our clothes to dry. It took me years to get a courage to cook Mexican Food in Japan because I knew that Mexican ingredients are hard to find in this country where majority of people are intolerant of spicy food. Despite all this, I welcome you all to join me in this course because I finally got the courage to do what I really want and share to all of you my Mexican-inspired recipes cooked from my humble kitchen away from Mexico.
In this course, I will share to you not only the recipes but also the story behind each recipe. I will tell you how I got Mexican ingredients even if I live far from Mexico and some substitutions that you can make.
Rich, delicious, vibrant and fun - these are the things which I like about Mexican food. You can follow the recipes that I will share to you teaspoon by teaspoon but don’t stop yourself by experimenting and use whatever you have on your pantry. The focus of this course is to make homemade Family Mexican dishes.
Don’t stop yourself from trying something new specially when it comes to cooking. Join me in this course and let us all taste a bit of Mexico even we’re away from Mexico.
- The focus of this course is to make easy homemade Mexican dishes, this course is not for students who are looking for recipes of authentic Mexican food cooked in a traditional way
- Students who have a strong curiosity about Mexican cuisine and want to cook Mexican food at home even if they live far from Mexico
- Students who are new to cooking Mexican Food and is looking for simple and easy to make family recipes with ingredients that are easy to find
- Home chefs who want to explore Mexican cuisine but can not find ingredients easily