Java for total beginners - Easy-to-follow Java programming
- Nothing special, basic fluency with computers.
- No prior programming knowledge needed, only a desire and curiosity to learn to program.
This Java programming course was made mainly for absolute beginners. If you are new to programming start learning Java with us in an easy and entertaining way.
These tutorials will give you a good introduction to Java and programming as well. We start at the very basics (from zero) and go through lots of interesting exercises and analogies that will take you to a level where you can write basic programs.
The videos and exercises are easy to follow and things are well explained. Furthermore, to make your learning easier and more enjoyable we will start developing a nostalgic, text-based fantasy game with monsters and heroes.
- Absolute beginners – No programming knowledge needed
- Newbies – New to Java, but did programming before
- Restarters – To refresh their knowledge
- A quick introduction to Java07:33
- Installing NetBeans03:45
- Creating our first project - Hello World!03:39
- Variables and types02:57
- Value replacing exercise03:43
- Glass exercise02:00
- Input, output and calculations - Temperature exercise07:40
- Boiling exercise05:11
- Boiling and freezing exercise05:05
- Logic operators00:41
- Conditions (if)02:21
- Review exercise - Fighting exercise10:24
- Theory of loops01:38
- do-while loop - Check the value of a die exercise03:50
- Let's fight until death exercise08:10
- while loop - Count dice rolls exercise06:46
- Interchangeability - while and do-while loop00:37
- switch statement01:44
- Run away exercise04:30
- Monster name generator exercise09:32
- for loop - Fight with three monsters exercise06:52
- break and continue - Multiplication table exercise05:28
Duckademy offers practical, downloadable IT courses you can start for free. Learn from experts and do it at your own pace, in a way which is convenient for you.
For good IT professionals being constantly up to date is a must, and keeping ahead of others is highly recommended. We are here to help you with these ambitions.