Easy Piano for Kids - Complete Beginner Piano Course
- 4.5 hours on-demand video
- 15 mins on-demand audio
- 30 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Read the notes and the rhythm
- Apply some basic musical terms and notations
- Show the notes on the piano
- Draw treble and bass clef
- Write easy piano pieces
- Play easy piano pieces
- Play easy versions of popular pieces from great composers
- You should have a piano/keyboard in your house to practice what you've learned from this course.
This course's material is equal to 25+ private piano lessons.
This course is different than all the other piano courses you've seen. It has technique, terminology, practice, quizzes and fun! This is the way to start your piano journey!
This piano course is designed for kids and will give you parents a chance to become your kid's first piano teacher. This beginner level course teaches :
- Pre-reading : Playing according to finger numbers without the knowledge of notes
- Basic musical terminology ( dynamics such as piano,forte,crescendo , time signatures , playing legato and staccato etc. )
- Rhythm : different note and rest values
- Staff : How the notes are aligned , drawing Treble and Bass clefs
- Notes : Reading notes in both Treble and Bass clefs, intervals
- Play : Starting from easy piano pieces and at the end of the course you will be playing easy versions from Beethoven, Mozart, Bach and Haydn.
In this course , I used
- Videos : in which I show you how to play on the piano.
- E-Book : there is an downloadable e-book that I prepared for this course and we will follow throughout this course.
- Quizzes : to test you if you were following the course properly.
- Worksheets : you can print for each section as additional study material.
The material in this course is equivalent to 4 months of private lessons. If you follow this online course regularly it will take 5-8 weeks.
If your kid wants to play piano and you want to try if he/she really wants it before giving a lot of money to hire a private piano instructor, this is the course you are looking for. You can easily teach your kid piano by following the instructions in the videos and the book.
I hope you will have a great time learning together!
- This easy piano course is designed for kids aged between 5-10, if you are a parent looking for a piano instructor, I recommend you to try this course first to see if your kid is interested in piano. It is really easy to follow so as a parent you can be your kid's first piano instructor before paying a lot of money for private lessons.
A brief summary of this course.
Before you start learning how to play the piano, it is important to know how to sit properly and how your hands should be like when playing.
This is a short animation video that shows the basics before starting this lecture.
Introduction to piano and finger numbers. In this section, you will play the songs according to finger numbers, so you should be prepared for that.
- Find the finger number that is written on the hand, then color that finger only.
In this lesson, you will learn :
- how many beats a quarter note is ,
- how to play according to finger numbers,
- how to count and play at the same time,
- how to say the finger numbers and play at the same time.
In this lesson you will learn :
- how many beats a half note is,
- how many beats a whole note is,
- how to count and play half and whole notes.
This is a listening course.
This is Für Elise by Beethoven. It means for Elise in German. But some say that it is Für Therese.
It is one of the most famous pieces by Beethoven , you can also find others - Moonlight Sonata , 9th Symphony etc. and listen to them. It will be a nice activity to get familiar with a specific composer's style .
This is a listening lecture.The Piano Sonata No. 11 in A major, K. 331 (300i), by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart is a piano sonata in three movements.
3rd movement is called Rondo Alla Turca, which is what you are going to listen now.
It is one of the most famous pieces by Mozart , you can also find others and listen to them. It will be a nice activity to get familiar with a specific composer's style .
This is a listening lecture.
What is a symphony?
It is a musical composition for an orchestra.
Why is this called " surprise " symphony ?
When you listen to it, you will be "surprised" because while the symphony was in piano, a sudden fortissimo ( louder than forte ) chord is played hence this is the "joke" of Haydn.