Easy 18 Qigong for Health and Stress Reduction
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Be empowered to engage in simple, but beautiful movements to decrease stress, improve health and feel better overall
- Learn about "Qi" and how it aides in improving our life
- Have a tool for improved health that can be engaged in anytime, anywhere
- Share some of these simple movements with friends and family
- Understand key principles of posture, balance, breathing and movement foundational relevant to both Tai Chi and Qigong
- No previous experience necessary
- Suitable to all levels of Qigong and Tai Chi practitioners, from beginner to advanced
- Set aside 3 minutes or 15 minutes, totally depending on your schedule
- No equipment needed. No getting up and down off of the floor.
- Can be performed anywhere, without need for equipment or special clothing
Qigong movements help promote a tranquil mind, decreased stress, and improved health. These beautiful, simple moves are easily attainable with Susan's approach and ease of instruction. All Qigong movements are soft, gentle and flowing, yet challenging at the same time. Qigong and Tai Chi are often referred to as "meditation through movement" because one's mind becomes quieted through engaging in the movements of slowness and fluidity.
Each movement has specific inherent medical benefits. There is more and more medically based research supporting the benefit of Qigong and Tai Chi for:
- boosting the immune system
- increasing energy
- reducing pain
- increasing strength and balance
- reducing stress and anxiety
Anyone can perform the movements, regardless of age or fitness level. There is no getting up and down off of the floor, no holding of awkward postures, and no extreme stretching or pushing of one's body into discomfort. Rather, we respect our body and remain in a comfort zone of movement throughout .
The movements flow from one to the other, generating a gentle flow of "Qi" in our bodies. This "Qi", or life force/energy, creates an environment of healing, both mentally and physically, prompting a calmness, internal peace and cultivating both inner and external strength.
- Anyone who desires to bring a bit of tranquility and stress reduction into their lives
- You will always move within your comfort, so it accessible to all no matter fitness or ability level
- Can be performed seated
- For beginners as an introduction to Qigong and Tai Chi principles
- For more advanced practitioners for deepening internal principles of Tai Chi and Qigong
A short discussion on safety tips prior to engaging in these movements.
A brief description on what "Qi" and "Gong" mean and how it relates to the movements you will learn.
Practicing mirror movement (knowing which arm or leg to move when moving with the video).
In this section you will move through each form with verbal cues, one form moving into the next. It builds on the previous lessons. Also included is a written description of the moves, so you can use this as a reference when not able to access the video (like on the beach for example! ;-)
In this section we will move through the 18 Qigong without any verbal instructions. We will be standing beachside. Enjoy the scenery, put on some "nature" music of your own (I recommend Tony O'Conner's album "Rainforest"), or just move in silence along with Susan. The richness of this experience will stay without you throughout your day.
If you have not done the previous lessons, it is highly recommended that you do them! By doing so, you will have a deeper, more relaxing experience with the 18 Qigong.