Seven Evidences for the Resurrection of Jesus | Bible Study
- This course is open to all students. There are no course requirements or prerequisites. It is meant to be shared freely.
In this course Dr. David Jeremiah shares his heart and presents the historical evidences and supreme importance of the Resurrection of Jesus as an historical event for giving hope in times of grief, uncertainty, and crisis.
Welcome to Southern California Seminary's free online courses: Seminary for Everyone
Seven Evidences for the Resurrection of Jesus | How to refocus on God in times of uncertainty and crisis
Section 1 – Introduction | The Seven Signs of Easter | Is the Resurrection of Jesus Historical?
Section 2 – How Do We Know the Resurrection Actually Happened?
A. Soldiers: the historical evidence of the missing 16 Roman soldiers
B. Seal: the historical evidence of the missing official Roman seal
C. Stone: the historical evidence of the moved 2-ton gravestone
D. Shroud: the historical evidence of the empty shroud
E. Sepulcher: the historical evidence of the empty sepulcher
F. Scars: the historical evidence of the scars in the hands and side of Jesus
G. Sightings: the historical evidence of the 500 sightings of Jesus
Section 3 – Why the Resurrection is Important Today?
A. Past: the importance of the resurrection today: Forgiveness
B. Present: the importance of the resurrection today: Resurrection Power
C. Future: the importance of the resurrection today: Assurance of Heaven
Dr. David Jeremiah, Chancellor of Southern California Seminary, is among the most well-known Bible teachers in the world. He serves as senior pastor of Shadow Mountain Community Church in El Cajon, California. His popular radio and television Bible-teaching program, Turning Point, is broadcast internationally on more than 2,200 stations. A New York Times best-selling author and Gold Medallion winner, he has written more than 50 books, including God Loves You--He Always Has, He Always Will.
Brought to you by Southern California Seminary | The Jeremiah School of Biblical Studies | Turning Point
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed for those who are interested in what the Bible teaches about God, who we are, and the Christian life that pursues love, joy, and peace in every situation. We were designed for so much more! The next step is yours.
- This course is designed for personal or group study.
- 01:27Introduction | Is the Resurrection of Jesus Historical?
- 02:48A.D. The Bible Continues - The Tomb Is Empty, Now what?
- 04:16A. The Soldiers | The historical evidence of the missing 16 Roman soldiers.
- 00:37B. The Seal | The Historical Evidence of the Roman Seal
- 00:55C. The Stone | The Historical Evidence of the Grave Stone
- 01:33D. The Shroud | The Historical Evidence of the Empty Shroud
- 02:45E. The Sepulcher | The Historical Evidence of the Empty Sepulcher
- 01:44F. The Scars | The Historical Evidence of the Scares in the Hands of Jesus
- 01:29G. The Sightings | The Historical Evidence of the 500 Sightings of Jesus
Dr. David Jeremiah serves as chancellor of Southern California Seminary and as senior pastor of Shadow Mountain Community Church in El Cajon, California. He is the founder and host of the global radio and television ministry, Turning Point, a broadcast program dedicated to sharing the unchanging Word of God with an ever-changing world. The combined weekly audience of Turning Point exceeds 10 million people worldwide. Dr. Jeremiah is also the author of more than 40 books, including the bestsellers Captured by Grace, What in the World Is Going On?, and the most recent New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestseller, God loves You: He Always Has, He Always Will.
Dr. Jeremiah is committed to teaching the complete Word of God. His passion for encouraging believers in their faith is demonstrated through his faith communication of biblical truths.
The professors of Southern California Seminary serve as the facilitators for this course. The course designer, Dr. Gary Woods, has taught in classrooms and online for Southern California Seminary, San Diego Christian College, Luther Rice Seminary, and Liberty University since 1996. He has a Master of Divinity from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary and a Doctor of Education in Technology from Alliant International University. He serves on the pastoral staff of Shadow Mountain Community Church.