Have a Successful Career in Clinical Research (NHS)
What you'll learn
- To develop an understanding of the structure of clinical research within the NHS
- Identify and acquire optimal skills and experience to begin a career in clinical research
- Career progression and development in clinical research
- Navigate job search, intentional positioning, and the application process that should at least guarantee you an interview
- Free training and access to resources that will make you stand out from other applicants
- This is an entry-level course in pursuing a career within clinical research or developing an existing clinical research role within the NHS. There are no skills or experience required as this course will equip you with the relevant information.
- You do NOT need a degree in Life Sciences, Nursing or Medicine to pursue a career in Clinical Research. Whilst this is desirable, this is not essential.
This course is all about how to acquire the optimal knowledge and skills to pursue a rewarding career in clinical research within the National Health Service (NHS) in the United Kingdom. This course covers what clinical research is, why it is important, how clinical research in structured in the NHS, and navigating available clinical research jobs in the NHS. It also provides access to free training and resources that you can begin to use to upskill and progress your career. Finishing this course brings you a step closer to your dream clinical research role. This is very possible with the right coaching, experience, and determination. This course prepares you for making this a reality.
Jobs in science are sometimes obscure. As a student, graduate or individual seeking a career change, a career in running clinical trials could be the option for you. The standard set by the International Conference on Harmonisation for Good Clinical Practice (ICH GCP) ensures that clinical trials produce credible and reliable data, and most importantly that the rights and wellbeing of trial patients or participants are protected. Clinical Research guidance has evolved over decades and so have the opportunities to take up clinical and operational roles. Clinical Research continues to grow and expand and the opportunities for job progression grow as well.
This course opens you up to the clinical research job space in the NHS. It opens you up to the job routes that you can begin to explore, and most importantly it equips you with the preparation and process knowledge of securing a role in clinical research within the NHS.
Disclaimer: This course content on Udemy reflects my personal views and does not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of any NHS Trusts or NHS England.
Presentation images were created by storyset
Course image was created by ArtPhoto_studio
Who this course is for:
- Students, graduates or professionals seeking to build a career in clinical research within the NHS
- Individuals seeking to change career paths to pursue a career in clinical research within the NHS
- Students at any year of their university study
- Graduates of any discipline or area of study
- Existing clinical research professionals seeking to earn more and gain work satisfaction from contributing to quality patient care in the NHS
I am a Clinical Research Professional working in the Clinical Research Sector. I have progressively developed my clinical research experience and exposure over several years in the National Health Service (NHS). Having developed a successful career with the right knowledge of the research landscape and the relevant experience, I now seek to empower and inspire others to pursue successful careers in Clinical Research.