Early design facade analysis - project showcase
- 33 mins on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand the design process for façade analysis
- Derive climate responsive strategies through an integrated design approach
- Familiarize with the iterative process
- Understand the technical terms
- There are no prerequisite for this course. This course shares a real world project experience.
- It will be helpful if you read a bit about the integrated design process and its benefits to be able to understand this course better
Passive design strategies are best incorporated during early design stage. This course shows a practical example of a project where the client was very clear on creating a residence that was an energy efficient green building. As sustainability consultant, EDS was part of a team that was highly enthusiastic about designing a green building. The project being in India in the city of Ahmedabad having a hot and dry climate had its own design challenges, but also great opportunities for an integrated design process.
Designing a green building requires all team members to be on board with the sustainability goals of the project so that the project is steered in the right direction from the beginning. This project achieved this at the early design stage. As a result, many passive design strategies were analysed to finally result in a building with significantly reduced cooling loads.
The building envelope as well as the air conditioning system were optimized in this project through an iterative process. In this course, only the façade optimization process is covered.
The course will walk you through the thought process, approach and iterative design process, strategies implemented and lessons learnt at the end of this project.
- Anyone who is interested to learn about integrated design process
- If you are a professional from the building industry, this course will provide insight on a real project
- Clients and project owners who would hire a team to execute their new building project will benefit from understanding what is an integrated design process
The module introduces the course, the intent and how it is organized which will help you understand what to expect and how to plan the course accordingly
This module introduces the project which is further discussed in the subsequent modules.
The module will walk you through the process of solar studies of the site and building form alongwith inferences
The design process now culminates in the selection of materials and understand what is best for the project. Moreover, a summary of all the design strategies studied so far in the process is also given. Further, the learning and experience of an integrated design process is summarized in the end of the module.