e-Learning AMBA and I2C protocol concepts
- 10.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- This course helps you learn in detail about various AMBA and I2C protocol concepts. AMBA protocols e.g. APB, AHB, AXI etc... are widely used across almost all SoCs and knowing these protocol concepts can help people to get straight in their work without spending much time to struggle learning key protocol concepts.
- This course is helpful to experienced as well as freshers to VLSI industry. This is useful for design as well as verification engineers.
- There is no pre-requisite to this course. Rather concepts covered in this course are pretty much from basics for each and every protocol, so it will be better to refer this course first and then it will be very smooth going through full protocol specification.
This course shall help you learn basic to detailed concepts of protocols such as APB, AHB, AXI and I2C. This will help you learn not only the basic concepts from basic version of protocol, but will also help you get clear view of the latest versions of these protocols and differences among them.
These protocols are very generic read-write in nature, but non-trivial from the bus interface protocol concepts understanding perspective.
Along with, there have been quite a few new version of each of the above protocol, so it is important to learn the basic version concepts and why there was a need for a new version and what are the differences.
This course is highly useful for a VLSI experienced engineer who need to get quickly ramped up on protocol concepts to get started quickly with their hands-on works.
At the same time, this is also highly useful for new entrants in VLSI industry to build on their skills and add-on to resume for increasing their chances of getting short-listed and then selected.
- Target students are VLSI engineers. Fresh graduates who are going through various courses which need them to learn basic AMBA and I2C protocol concepts.
- This will majorly help experienced VLSI professional (starting from say 1-2+ years experience) to learn these protocols as per their projects requirement.
- This shall also help fresh graduates, experienced engineers to refresh their concepts and be successful in interviews.
This lecture will give detailed overview about evolution of various AMBA protocols, what was need for going having each protocol and what are the differences among them.
Such as APB -> AHB -> AXI .... -> Coherency protocols such as ACE and CHI
Need for various new versions such as protocols in AMBA5 family.
Also it will help you learn all concepts in detail starting from basic for APB2/3/4 protocol.
This is in continuation of Part 1 in same section of "AMBA protocol evolution and APB2/3/4 protocol concepts overview".
In this majorly covered part is about protocol overview of APB2/3/4 protocol concepts, few coverage and protocol checks, interview questions etc...
This is part 1 of the videos series for session on going through AHB protocol concepts overview from basic to detailed.
Here we will cover starting from AHB bus introduction, usage of AHB protocol in system, AHB components (master, slave, arbiter, decoder, multiplexer), various AHB operations (request/grant arbitration, basic transfers, pipeline transfers, transfer size, burst) etc..
In continuation to Part 1 in same section, This is part 2 of the videos series for session on going through AHB protocol concepts overview from basic to detailed.
Here we are covering remaining AHB protocol operations (busy/idle/non-seq/seq transfer types, address boundary, wrap address calculation, protection controls, slave responses etc..).
In continuation to Part 2 in same section, This is part 3 of the videos series for session on going through AHB protocol differences with AHB-Lite and AHB5 protocols.
Here we are majorly covering AHB protocol differences with AHB-Lite and AHB5 protocols in detailed, AHB verification environment, few coverage points and protocol checks, interview questions etc...
This is part 1 of the videos series for session on going through AXI3 protocol concepts overview from basic to detailed.
Here we will cover starting from AXI3 bus introduction, AXI3 different channels, various AXI3 operations (basic transfers, valid-ready handshake, burst transfers, burst size, burst length, outstanding, out of order, interleaving) etc...
In continuation to Part 1 in same section, This is part 2 of the videos series for session on going through AXI3 protocol concepts overview from basic to detailed.
Here we are covering remaining AXI3 protocol operations (aligned and unaligned address and write strobe transfers in detail, wrap address calculation, bufferable/non-bufferable, cacheable, exclusive, lock, slave responses etc..).
In continuation to Part 2 in same section, This is part 3 of the videos series for session on going through AXI4 protocol differences with AXI3 and AXI4-Lite protocols.
Here we are majorly covering AXI4 protocol differences with AXI3 and AXI4-Lite protocols in detailed, few coverage points and protocol checks, interview questions etc...
This is part 1 of the videos series for session on going through I2C protocol concepts overview from basic to detailed.
Here we will cover starting from I2C bus introduction, terminology, I2C bus applications, various I2C operations (Start stop condition, ACK/NACK, clock synchronization, arbitration, data transfer formats) etc...
This is part 2 of the sessions on I2C protocol concepts overview. In this part, we are covering below topics:
- A quick recap on what we learned in previous session, with high stress on important protocol concepts
- Various I2C transfer types such as General call, Start Byte etc...
- Differences in various I2C speed modes such as FS, HS and UFM
- Sample functional coverage and protocol checks for I2C protocol
As there are various lectures and corresponding videos available in the course that we have posted to understand and learn AMBA, I2C protocol concepts.
There are additional videos we are adding over and above that to understand say few concepts (e.g. AXI3 un-aligned address transfer along with write strobe, AHB default slave, AHB 1KB address boundary etc...) in more detail with elaborate examples as well as if any concept is missed to cover in those sessions.
We have added some number of videos yet in this and more will be added based on feedback in future.
This is a capsule session in addition to the course videos to learn a specific concept in a dedicated fashion.
In this session, we are covering concepts such as:
- Single and Burst Transfers
- How the address is incremented for burst transfer - Burst Types
- Various examples to explain INCR, WRAP and FIXED burst
- real usage applications of each burst type