ِAhmed Momtaz Ahmed Hosny, PhD
-Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, (Aircraft -Mechanics) with the total grade of (Very Good) and last year grade of (Excellent) from Military Technical College, (GPA 3 of 4), Cairo, Egypt,1993
-Master of Science in “Missiles Guidance and Control” from Cairo University, 2004.
-PhD in "Aircraft Control" from Beihang University (Beijing University for Aeronautics and Astronautics BUAA), Beijing, China, 2008.
- Currently working as a Head of Instrumentation and Control Department at AZFC Company, Cairo, Egypt and as a lecturer of Mechanics, Production Engineering and Fundamentals of Thermodynamics at the Higher Institutes for Engineering and Technology – King Marriott – Alexandria, Egypt.
***Positions and Experience***
Executive Manager / Chief Designer for Long and Short Term Projects (2005-2015)
- Working in R & D Department –Mechanical Branch for 10 years in the field of Designing and Manufacturing UAVs (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles) as an Executive Manager passing all the required Design Phases such as (PDR, CDR, TDR).
- Implementing different long term projects at R & D Department (Flight Vehicle Dynamics, Automatic Control (Quadcopter, Hexacopter, Helicopter Models) and Mechanical System Integration).
- Design and Implementing a Preliminary Design for Solar Powered UAV using Wooden Aircraft Models supported with Carbon Fiber Materials and propelled with a Minimum Required Electric Power.
Academic Teaching (2005-2017)
- Teaching at Egyptian Air Academy for 12 semesters (Fundamentals of Flight for Pilots (Low Speed and High Speed)).
- Supervising long and short term projects through the collaboration with Military Technical College (MTC) and Arab Organization for Industrialization (AOI).
- Teaching as a lecturer of Mechanics, Production Engineering and Fundamentals of Thermodynamics at the Higher Institutes for Engineering and Technology – King Marriott – Alexandria, Egypt.
- Conducting and Publishing more than 7 Academic Papers in International Journals and Conferences in the field of (Dynamics, Control and Autopilots).
Field Engineer / Shop Chief for 12 years (1993-2005)
- Databases and Computer Interfaces Developer in various fields such as:
- Maintenance Control and Management as a Maintenance Chief (Managing all the Daily Work for 20 Small Maintenance Shops).
- 12 years experience in Operating, Testing and Maintaining GE-F110-100 Engine- F16 Aircraft.
- Implementation of Certain Important Modifications and Troubleshooting on F-16 Aircraft in Flight Line and Back Shop levels as an Engine Flight Line Shop Chief, Egyptian Air Force (*7* level in GE Engine/F-16 Maintenance and Testing, *5* level in QA /F-16 and GE Engine Testing License ).
- Databases and Computer Interfaces Developer in various fields.
***Education and Courses***
Government (GE Aircraft Engines), 1993-2005
- F110-GE-100 DEC KIT INSTALLATION, EGYPT, AIR FORCE (COURSE)
- F110-GE-110 DEC ENGINE TRENDING, EGYPT, AIR FORCE (COURSE)
- F110-GE-110 DEC ENGINE MONITORING SYSTEM, EGYPT, AIR FORCE (COURSE)
- F110-GE-110 DEC TEST CELL, EGYPT, AIR FORCE (COURSE)
- CETADS (COMPREHENSIVE ENGINE TRENDING AND DIAGNOSTIC SYSTEM),OKLAHOMA, USA (COURSE)
- MECHANICAL QUALITY ASSURANCE, LOCKHEED MARTIN TACTICAL AIRCRAFT SYSTEMS, FW-USA (COURSE)
- ENGLISH DIPLOMA IN AMERICAN LANGUAGE COURSE, SAN ANTONIO, USA
Master degree in “Development of a Neurofuzzy Control System for the Guidance of Air to Air Missiles”, Cairo University, Egypt, 2004 1999-2004
In this work an integration of neural network and fuzzy logic controller was conducted for the guidance of air to air missiles supported with the required simulations and virtual realities.
PhD in " Development of Fuzzy Logic LQR Control Integration for Multi-Phases Aerial Refueling Autopilot " Beijing University for Aeronautics and Astronautics, Beijing, China, 2008 2005-2008
An implementation of a control strategy for an automated air refueling mission was presented in this work. Studying both optimal control (LQR, LQT) and intelligent control (Fuzzy PID) with simulating the final control integration upon F-16 Aircraft Simulink-MATLAB model, all the required simulations were conducted successfully, this dissertation was published by LAP Lambert Academic Publishing and Amazon ISBN: 978-3-659-91907-7.
1-Ahmed Momtaz, Galal Hassan “Development of a Neurofuzzy Control System for the Guidance of Air to Air Missiles”, 5th Cairo University Conference in Mechanical Design and Production, Cairo, 2004.
2-Ahmed Momtaz, Han Chao “LQR Integrated with Fuzzy Logic Control for Aerial Refueling Autopilot” CADDM Journal, Beijing, 2007.
3-Ahmed Momtaz, Han Chao “Design of Fighter Flight Formation for Aerial Refueling Racetrack Mission with Drogue-Hose Configuration” CADDM Journal, Beijing, 2007.
4-Ahmed Momtaz, Han Chao “Intelligent Learning of Fuzzy Logic Controller via Adaptive Genetic Algorithm Applied to Aircraft Longitudinal Motion” ASAT-12 Conference, Military Technical college, Cairo, 2007
5-Ahmed Momtaz, Han Chao “Development of Fuzzy Logic LQR Control Integration for Aerial Refueling Autopilot” ASAT-12 conference, Military Technical college, Cairo, 2007
6- Ahmed Momtaz, Moatasem Momtaz, Hisham Ez-Eldeen “Development of a Customized Autopilot for Unmanned Helicopter Model Using Genetic Algorithm via the Application of Different Guidance Strategies” ASAT-14 conference, Military Technical College, Cairo, 2011
7- Ahmed Momtaz “A Comparison Study between Inferred State-Space and Neural Network Based System Identifications Using Adaptive Genetic Algorithm for Unmanned Helicopter Model ” ICEENG-8 Conference, Military Technical College, Cairo, 2012
8- A Book entitled " Development of Fuzzy Logic LQR Control Integration for Multi-Phases Aerial Refueling Autopilot ", published by LAP Lambert Academic Publishing, 2016, ISBN: 978-3-659-91907-7
Design and Implementation of different categories of UAV’s passing all the calculation, design procedure, manufacturing, testing and integration processes required for implementation, through different design phases such as (PDR, CDR, TDR).
Design and Implementation of dynamic control system for various flight vehicles such as (Quadcopter, Hexacopter and Helicopter models).
Design and Implementation of GE Engines Tracking Software, a software was implemented to resolve the dilemma of decoding the extracted data from the F-16 Aircraft concerning GE F110 Engines performance, operating hours and the accumulated cycles into readable and monitored data needed for the calculations of Engine Life Time consequently the Expected Depot Schedule.
Design and Implementation of a Preliminary Hovering Stabilizer for Helicopter Model, A Preliminary Hovering Stabilizer for Helicopter Models was conducted in this project through the application of PID controller, an Arduino Autopilot was adopted for the implementation of this research through the integration with the proposed IMU.
Design and Implementation of Quadcopter for Surveillance with Continuous Power Supply, to maintain the consistency of Quadcopter Operation to provide continuous surveillance capabilities, a particular methodology was implemented in this work to provide continuous stable power needed to feed the Electric Motors, Camera and the Autopilot Accessories.
Design and Implementing a Preliminary Design for Solar Powered UAV using Wooden Aircraft Models supported with Carbon Fiber Materials and propelled with a Minimum Required Electric Power.
Installation of Airborne Equipment (Communication Repeater, Surveillance Camera or Transmitting Antenna) on a Flying Balloon up to 250 meters for Long Endurance.