Dynamics NAV - Setup new company from Scratch.
What you'll learn
- You will learn how to download and install NAV (for Free).
- You will learn how to create and set up a new company from scratch.
- You will learn how to set up the Chart of Accounts, Posting groups, Accounting year, etc.
- You will learn how to buy and sell items and look at the data from such activities.
- Have an up-to-date windows PC and a desire to learn Dynamics NAV.
This course takes you through the process of installing and setting up Dynamics NAV from scratch, whereas my other courses go into depth in various parts of NAV such as warehouse, manufacturing, finance and much more.
This course is for the up-and coming NAV consultant or the more experienced one who needs a brush-up on all the basics. It is for the small-business owner who wants to implement NAV himself or for the company in the process of evaluating multiple different ERP systems before committing to a particular one.
The course consists of 2 videos, where the first video shows you how to download and install Dynamics NAV. The second video, which is the main video of the course, shows you how to set up a new company to use for Finance, Purchase and Sales.
At the end of this course you'll have learned and understood the basics of:
- Download and install NAV.
- Create new Company for buying and selling goods and services.
- Create new fiscal year.
- Chart of Accounts
- General Business Posting Groups
- General Product Posting Groups
- VAT Business Posting Groups
- VAT Product Posting Groups
- Customer Posting Groups
- Vendor Posting Groups
- Bank Accounts
- Bank Account Posting Groups
- Create and post a Purchase Invoice.
- Look at the Posted Purchase Invoice.
- Look at the general ledger entries from this purchase.
- Create and post a Sales Invoice.
- Look a the Posted Purchase Invoice
- Look at the general ledger entries from this sale.
Who this course is for:
- People who want to implement Dynamics NAV themselves from scratc
- NAV Consultants with 0-3 years of experience who wants to know how to perform complete "mini-implementation".
- Companies evaluating multible ERP systems
I am a Dynamics NAV consultant with 16 years of experience with Dynamics NAV. I have an MBA in Finance and Accounting from Copenhagen Business School in Denmark (as you might know, Dynamics NAV is originally Danish).
I've worked with hundreds of small / large companies in the UK, the US, Denmark, Germany, Switzerland and several other countries. I've helped companies in all businesses. I've worked as an in-house Dynamics NAV consultant in some of the biggest companies in the world using NAV and worked as a consultant in various consultancies.
My specialties are Finance / Warehouse / Manufacturing / Project Management.