Microsoft Dynamics 365 & PowerApps Developer Course - Part 1
- 6 hours on-demand video
- 3 articles
- 3 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Quickly become a Master in Common Data Service (Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Apps) Development.
- Step by step guide on writing custom business logic using Common Data Service SDK.
- Deep dive of Plugins with hands-on examples.
- Extend Workflows with Custom Workflow Activities.
- Understand Common Data Service (Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Apps) Architecture.
- Drastically improve your code by following Microsoft recommended best practices.
- Learn debugging of Plugins and Workflows in Common Data Service (Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Apps).
- Understand Common Data Service (Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Apps) Web Services and interact with them from custom code.
- Stand out in the crowd by learning advanced coding concepts in Common Data Service (Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Apps)
- Basic understanding of configuring entities, forms, workflows, solutions etc. in Dynamics 365 & Power Apps
- Basic knowledge of C# or any other Object Oriented Programming language required.
- Visual Studio Community Edition 2017 or Higher Installed.
*** This is the first comprehensive online course on Microsoft Dynamics 365 (Customer Engagement or CRM) Development (Updated 2020) ***
Do you want to become a Common Data Service (Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Apps) Technical Consultant or PowerApps Developer? In fact, most of the Dynamics 365 profiles require you to be a developer. Though dealing with configuration is easy but learning to code in Microsoft Dynamics 365 or PowerApps is quite challenging. This course will address the problem.
Targeted for Beginner to Advanced Levels.
Concentration on hands-on.
You will be able to crack technical interview questions with ease.
This is a live course. Topics will be added or removed as per industry demand.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
We are offering a 30-day money-back guarantee, so if you are not happy with the course for any reason whatsoever, you can get your money back, no questions asked.
What students say...
"I am really happy to have this course, in fact, I was dying to find such consolidated course to cover the dynamics extending , i have been jumping from page to page trying to pick and choose what can be useful to me, with no clear guide line, now, this course is making things easier, smoother and streame-lined , thanks a lot Mr. Satish." - Ahmed Saud
"Satish has a thorough knowledge of Dynamics 365 CRM and .NET platform. He is quite effective in teaching about them. I learned a lot about CRM as well as gaining knowledge in developing custom .NET code for Dynamics 365 from him. I highly recommend him." - Yuyuan
"Satish is a fantastic trainer for .NET and Dynamics 365. While his knowledge of the platform is extensive and well-honed, his ability to effectively teach the product is even more impressive. He has a strong sense of real-world needs and requirements for modern Dynamics implementations, and what each trainee needs to know in order to effectively contribute to a Dynamics project. " - Isac
"This is a great course for everyone who wants to get into the technical programming part of Dynamics 365.Easy to understand,100% recommended for beginner. " - Dewashish
"This is a great course for everyone who wants to get into the technical programming part of Dynamics 365. The instructor explains the important concepts behind plugin & custom workflow, shows you step-by-step on what you need to start, how to approach to write code, test and debug for different scenarios. 100% recommended." -Kenneth
"Excellent course if you're a beginner to CRM or want to use this as a refresher for work. He goes through a lot of important concepts regarding custom code in plugin development and workflows and how these are advantageous. One of the few courses that will help in preparing for any Microsoft Dynamics interview, such as when to use what when. One thing I think that can be added or improved on is go in depth on cases where you can use FetchXML or LINQ in plugins otherwise a very well structured course. " - Krishana Ramakrishnan
Microsoft Dynamics 365 & PowerApps Developer Course - Part 1 - Curriculum
Section 1: Introduction, Architecture and Web Services
1.Target Audience & Prerequisites
2. Introduction & Why Custom Coding?
3. Understanding Architecture of Microsoft Dynamics 365
4. Microsoft Dynamics 365 Web Services
5. Prerequisite - Setting up Microsoft Dynamics 365 Online Trial Instance
6. Prerequisite - Installation of Visual Studio 2017 Community Edition
7. Prerequisite - Creating a Publisher and Solution - Getting Ready for Development
Quiz 1: Web Services and Architecture
Section 2: Fundamentals of Plugin Development
8. Understanding Plugin Pipeline
9. Plugin Messages
10. Hello World Plugin - Preparing Project Template
11. Hello World Plugin - Writing Code
12. Hello World Plugin - Deploying and Testing
13. Reading Data from Primary Entity in Plugin
14. Second Plugin - Creating a Task using Organization Web Service
15. Deploying Task Plugin
16. Understanding Plugin Pipeline Stages
17. Third Plugin - Duplicate Check Plugin Development
18. Third Plugin - Duplicate Check Plugin Deployment
19. Plugin Troubleshooting - Tracing
20. Debugging Plugins
21. Images in Plugin & Advantages
Quiz 2: Plugins
Section 3: Plugin Development - Deep Dive - Advanced Topics of Microsoft Dynamics 365
22. Impersonation in Plugins
23. Pass data between plug-ins using Shared Variables
24. Understanding Context.Depth in Plugin
25. Plugin Isolation Mode or Trust
26. Handling Configuration data in a Plugin
27. Asynchronous Plugins
Section 4: Custom Workflows in Microsoft Dynamics 365
28. Introduction to Custom Workflows
29. Creating Configuration Entity for Custom Workflow Demo
30. Development of Custom Workflows
31. Development of Custom Workflows (Continued)
32. Deploying Custom Workflows
33. Debugging Custom Workflows
34. Using Assembly Versioning in Custom Workflows
35. Comparison: Plugins Vs Workflows
Quiz 3: Custom Workflows
Section 5: Console App Integration Using Xrm Tooling
36. Introduction to Xrm Tooling & Console Application
37. Developing Console Application
38. Querying data using FetchXML
39. Aggregate Operations using Fetch XML
40. Querying data using LINQ - Late Binding
41. Complex LINQ Queries
42. Early Binding
43. Late Binding Vs Early Binding
44. Using LINQ with Early Binding
Section 6: Advanced Messaging Operations using Service.Execute() - Request Response Classes
45. Introduction to Service.Execute Method
46. Using Service.Execute for CRUD
47. Working with ExecuteMultipleRequest
How do I get Microsoft Dynamics 365 instances for practice?
You can subscribe for a 30 day trial of Microsoft Dynamics 365 cloud environment. You can use this instance for practice.
How is Part 1 different from Part 2 ?
How is PowerApps Development is related to Dynamics 365 Development?
Since both are on Common Data Service, Dynamics 365 development components such as Plugins and Workflows can be used in PowerApps too. Also, Web Services work in the same way.
- If you want be a Dynamics 365 Developer or Architect or Technical Consultant, this course is right for you.
- This course is for Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement aka CRM. Do NOT take this course if you are looking for Dynamics 365 ERP modules like Operations, Finance, HR.
- If you are a beginner at Dynamics 365 Development, and upgrade yourself to a PRO.
1. Learn what it takes to be a developer of Dynamics 365.
2. You will understand the scope of the Course.
SKIP this lecture if you know the basics of creating a Dynamics 365 Custom Solution. Make sure you have a custom solution to work with.
For those who are new to Dynamics 365, you will learn creating a Publisher and Solution.
I will introduce Dynamics 365 Advanced Developer Course. Also, we will discuss why we need to write custom code in Dynamics 365.
Get a basic understanding on Architecture. Understand the extensible points where you can write custom code.
We will discuss
Web Services present in Dynamics 365.
When we use Web Services.
Fundamentals of Organization Service.
The Dynamics 365 & Power Apps Metadata Browser is a helper tool to browse metadata of Common Data Service (CDS) based applications such as Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Apps. Supported by both Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge, the tool uses Web API for browsing entities, attributes, relationships & option sets.
You will learn
Demo of a new Plugin that creates a Task record.
Accessing and Consuming Organization Web Service.
Creating Entity object.
Accessing attribute data from Attribute Collection for various Data Types.
Updating Plugin assembly using Plugin Registration Tool.
You will learn
Introduction to Custom Workflows.
Setting up a Project in Visual Studio.
Referencing SDK Assemblies.
Creating a template for a Custom Workflow Activity.