Cartoon Drawing and Illustration
What you'll learn
- Develop a unique character design from start to finish using the techniques outlined in my video tutorial.
- How to create eye-catching color combinations
- How to ink in Adobe Illustrator like a pro
- How to apply cell shading easily to your 2-D game character
- Basic drawing skills are not needed but highly encouraged.
The right skills for the job!
Are you looking to start your career as a character designer or animator? Are you looking to sharpen up your Illustration skills? In this course, you will learn how to create a 2-D game character without the use of a sketch. I'll walk you through the entire process from start to finish.
The techniques I'm teaching you in this course can be translated over to other Illustration projects as well. By the end of this course, you will learn how to create a stylized game character that has a strong visual presence. I will teach you how to build a color palette that will make sure the character pops off your screen. I will show you how to work with the line of action to develop a fluid gesture foundation which will use to build our character's action pose.
In this course, you will learn:
- how to design a 2-D game character that works across all screens
- how to apply color theory to your game character
- how to build a modular 2-D game character
- how to work with my "Foundation First" approach to character design
- and much more!
Who this course is for:
- This course is for 2-D game artist that want to learn how to design 2-D game characters in Adobe Illustrator.
I have more than ten years experience working with character designs, illustrations, and game art. I specialize in digital painting, vector art, 2-D animation, and concept art. I will break down the creative process for you in easy to follow and digestible steps, that will allow you to apply your newfound skills immediately.