How to Dye and Stain Baskets for Beginners
- 1 hour on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Fiber dyeing
- Achieve your goals
- Differentiate your basket weaving from the rest with amazing colors
- You DO NOT NEED experience with dyeing before enrolling in this course.
- You can download PDF color formulas to take with you on the go.
- Fiber used in the course is rush, but you can use any type of natural fiber like: cane, reed, seagrass, raffia, hemp, wool, and even cotton!
Start dyeing your own natural fibers with aniline, a common chemical dye used by artisans around the world!
If you're looking for an easy dyeing technique that will allow you to dye natural fibers, this course will be a great tool. This course will teach you everything you need to know to get started dyeing.
Make fibers look the way you envision - better! If you want to know different color formulas, know tips and tricks on fiber dyeing, and differentiate your crafts from the rest, this is the course for you.
Here are the colors and topics taught in this course:
How to dry fibers
How to wash fibers
Why is this the course that will make you successful?
Taking online courses isn't easy. It takes work and action. This course will help you succeed with concrete practice lessons. We'll walk you through each exercise. By the end of the course, you'll have a fully dyed range of fibers so that you can weave colorfull baskets or crafts and share them with the world.
Who teaches this course?
Jose Ocas is a peruvian artisan who has taught hundreds of students. His crafts have won international contests, sold in craft shows, and told stories around the world. You'll love learning from Jose.
What this course is not?
The course teaches to dye with chemical dyes, specifically aniline. This course does not teach the use of natural dyes.
Are you ready to be successful?
Are you ready to dye your natural fibers?
Who this course is for:
Beginners who want to dye natural fibers for basket making or other crafts.
Artisans on a budget looking for an inexpensive dyeing technique.
- This course is great for beginners who are brand new to dyeing.
- These course was created for artisans and people who want to increase their use of color with chemical dyes.
- This course is not for people that want to learn natural dyes.