Duolingo English Test: Write About The Topic
What you'll learn
- How to answer the "write about the topic" question on the Duolingo English Test
- Write a great answer!
- Intermediate English
In this course, you will learn how to write a great answer to the "Write About The Topic" question on the Duolingo English Test. This course has been organized into three sections:
1) About the question - Here you will learn about the rules and scoring criteria.
2) Writing your answer- Here you will learn grammar and phrases to write a topic sentence, supporting ideas, and a concluding sentence.
3) Practice questions and answers - Here you will write your own answers and study my sample answers.
Writing a good answer for this question is essential to getting a good production score on the Duolingo English Test. In order to write a good answer, you need to learn how to organize your answer, write correct sentences, and use more complicated grammar. I teach you how to do this easily in this course.
About the "Write About The Topic" question:
You will get this question once on the test
You have 5 minutes to write your answer
You must write at least 50 words (but more is better)
It contributes towards your production and literacy subscores
I’m sure this course will help you to write better answers and increase your production and overall score on the Duolingo English Test.
See you in lesson one!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone taking the Duolingo English Test
- Duolingo English Test takers
Hi, I'm Luke!
I'm a Duolingo English Test expert, and I am the owner of DET Ready aimed at helping students succeed in the Duolingo English Test.
I've been a passionate English teacher for over 10 years!
I have a Master's degree in English Education and I have taught thousands of students in many schools.
My expertise is in English grammar and pronunciation teaching.
My teaching qualifications include: M.A. English Education., CELTA, & Trinity Diploma in TESOL.
My teaching experience includes: 4 years teaching English to secondary school students, and 7 years teaching English to advanced university students in Korea.