The Art and Business of Model Photography
What you'll learn
- Plan and Create Awesome photo sessions from start to finish.
- Students should have access to camera
- Photoshop and Lightroom trial version okay
- Set-a-Light 3d modeling program will be used to explore different lighting setups.
Approach Model Photography With Confidence.
Join photographer and brand expert Corey Reese for an introduction to creating, running, and growing a successful photography career working with On Camera Talent.
Throughout this class, Corey will break down the process of starting and running a successful photography business working with talent into clear, simple steps. You’ll develop a foundation for your business based on your unique skill set, values, and vision as a photographer. Corey will guide you through each stage of an effective photoshoot with a prospective client and teach you how to approach the photoshoot with confidence. He’ll also show you how to maximize your profit with effective marketing strategies. You’ll learn about the importance of a personal website, social media and create marketing strategies for attracting and keeping the right clients engaged with your brand.
Whether you’re just beginning to approach model photography as a career or a long-time professional photographer that has never worked much with on camera talent, you’ll come away from this course with the inspiration and knowledge to create a business that’s just dynamic as what you imagined!
Contents and Overview
This course is aimed at teaching photographers what it takes to perfect working with Models.
You'll start with the Pre-Production Planning Process, Putting together Concepts for the Shoot, learning how to decide the equipment you'll need for accomplishing your goals. You'll then dive into the tools working with a virtual studio, learning your way around the flash.
You'll learn about finding a team Models, Makeup Artist, Wardrobe Stylist for Free to work with. You'll go live on set to complete photo shoot and learn how to communicate with the talent.
So that you can book paying jobs, you'll learn how to brand yourself, create a portfolio and website, and find interested people that want to work with you. By the end of this course, your confidence as a photographer will be on another level because your knowledgeable on the process to create success.
What are the requirements?
- No fancy camera is required, but some sort of camera would help you learn.
- A computer is also ideal if you want to follow along using Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop, and Set-A-Light 3d Virtual Studio. Free trials are okay to follow along.
- Students need to be excited about learning the process of creating great photography, which will help in being able to execute idea's form start to finish.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 25 lectures and 2 hours of content!
- Students will know the key to great photo's starts within
- Students will know how to plan concepts
- Students will know how to photograph and work with talent
- Students will know how to market themselves
- Students will have better understanding of lighting
- Students will know how to use basic flash
- Students will know how to chose the correct lens for the job
- Students will know how to light their subjects
What is the target audience?
- This course is for Photographers who want to become a skilled at working with On Camera Talent.
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed for photographers that have an understanding of the basic settings of the camera and ready to start working with on camera talent and artificial lighting sources.
One of Udemy's Fastest Growing New Instructor
Corey started creating Photography Tutorials on YouTube back in 2011 where up & coming photographers immediately gravitated to his teaching style with well over 423,173 video views. In July 2015 Corey partnered with online teaching platform where now over 55,256 happy students across 181 different counties are now enrolled in Corey's courses learning photography on the platform. In a world where camera techniques can seem so complex, Corey's method of teaching not only breaks down the camera in simple bit size pieces, but helps photographers understand how they can apply the concepts real time to improve their work.
"I used to sit and stare at my camera hoping it would whisper these things, thanks Corey you did it." Catlyn Watson
Understanding the need to give back to the next generation of talent looking to take the technical knowhow and use it to build an actual photography business, Corey continued his training success creating Photography Clients Unleashed teaching photographers how to build and grow a consistent, scalable profitable photography business.
"Before I started the program, I was averaging 1-3 jobs per month, mostly assisting. I was also working a full time job in another field, not being able to give the time needed to develop my company. Photography felt more like a hobby than a career.
After completing the program, I started gaining more clientele of my own and averaging 4-7 jobs per month. With the increase in clients, I was able to step down from full time to part time which allowed me to focus more on photography and building a successful business. Now that i'm fully focused in photography, I'm more confident in myself, my talents, and able to book the higher end clients that I prefer to work with." Sheretta
Corey looks forward to continue helping photographers across the world build their wealth and live their dream pursuing their passion.
Starting as a Successful Model back in 2003 with Features in Magazines, Billboards in Time Square, Commercials and more Corey transitioned from in front to behind the camera in 2006 with a new found passion. Corey left his full time career as a System Administrator for a Maintenance and Engineering Software Company in 2008 to pursue Photography full time. Corey is now an avid educator & one of the industry's go-to Professional Photographers in Atlanta helping actors and models book work for TV, Movies, Fashion and more. A visual guru with acute attention to detail, he is a rare talent and highly sought after by celebrity clientele, Corporate America and top brands. Recently Named Director of Photography for Who's Who of Black Atlanta, Publication highlighting positive achievements of African Americans.