Drupal 8 & 9 module development: start with custom entities
What you'll learn
- Set up a custom content entity
- Add fields to a custom entity
- Build a multi-step entity form and submit data to the database
- Create a listing of the custom entities with views
- Secure access with permissions
- Use theming hooks and twig files to custom-tailor displaying
- Being able to install a Drupal 8,9 or 10 installation on a server or locally
- Preferably at least 2 years of experience in PHP or another coding language
This is 2h 30min video course is chapter 3 of the "Learning Drupal 9 as a framework", the best-selling Drupal book on Leanpub.
Join me in an interesting journey of learning the Object-oriented architecture behind entities in Drupal. In this hands-on course, a part of an offer software where users are able to create offers will be created.
PDF with text and code available per chapter. Please read the table of contents carefully to know what to expect!
This is the ideal introduction for custom module development with Drupal.
We'll start by creating a custom entity from scratch. Custom-tailored access handling is one of the a-ha moments you will have in this course. Remember the difficulties with separating access between node types, right?
We'll make the entity fieldable, and add a media library where users can upload images.
Next, we'll head on towards creating a multi-step entity form. So much more user-friendly than the one-page node creation form you know. I promise you will uninstall the node module on some drupal websites sooner or later after taking this course.
Impress your coworkers with Drupal skills that are rather new but extremely powerful.
Stef Van Looveren has more than 10 years of expertise with Drupal. His message is: "It struck me that there are so few good learning paths for drupal. With this course, I try to fill the gap. I gave it my best and I hope you will enjoy it!"
Who this course is for:
- Drupal developers that want to learn more about custom entities
- Experienced site builders who want to custom code
- An introduction to module development
Hi, I'm Stef. A full-stack software developer living near Antwerp, Belgium.
For the last eight years, I've been building websites in Drupal and Angular for government and enterprises.
On my blog, I share code snippets for 10.000 visitors a month. I am also a code author on Leanpub, so if interested check out my book there.
It struck me that there are so few good learning paths for drupal. With this course, I try to fill the gap. I gave it my best and I hope you will enjoy it!