Learn Drupal 8 module development with examples
What you'll learn
- Will have idea how to deal with some in real life Drupal module development situations
- Declare a custom Drupal 8 module
- Understand Drupal 8 routes
- Be able to create Drupal 8 controllers
- Be able to subscribe callbacks for events and execute code
- Be able to create a custom service
- Be able to create a custom form
- Implement twig template for our controller
- Add css file to our twig template
- Create custom block in our module
- Have general idea of Drupal 8 renderable arrays
- Have example how to inject Service to your custom service
- Injecting service to controller
- Create a custom form
- Write a validation to any form in your Drupal 8 instance
- Have an idea how to implement Ajax forms
- Create a custom admin page with configuration
- Print your custom configuration
- Declare custom permissions
- Implement your custom permission to restrict access to a page
- Implement permission to restrict access to segment of a page
- Familiar with Drupal
- Have experience with PHP
It has never been better time to learn Drupal 8 module development.
Thats because Drupal 8 is already the better technologically and the faster way to build Drupal applications (compared to Drupal 7).
Drupal 8 is built on top of Symfony so the good news are that as you learn how to create controller for example in Drupal 8 - the way you would do it in Symfony is quite the same and vice versa. Thats great because that actually means that the skills are transferable and that we are not going to be bogged down into endless drupalisms (Drupal-specific terms).
In this course we are going to learn the most popular sections of the Drupal 8 module development:
- we are going to declare our own custom module
- we are going to learn what is a controller and we are going to build our own controller class
- we are going to learn how to implement new routes in the .routing.yml file
- we are going to learn how to render controller content in twig template
- how to include libraries (assets) when certain templates are being rendered
- how to create custom blocks
- have a good understanding of what Renderable arrays are
- what in general are Services
- how to declare a service
- how to inject a service into our own service
- how to inject a service to a container
- how to create custom forms and act on submission
- how to validate forms
- how to alter any form
- how to create an AJAX form
- how to save our custom configuration to our won custom form admin page
- how to render our custom configuration
- how to declare permissions and how to make them work to restrict stuff ...
We are going to implement as much examples as possible and always I attached for you the final files so that you could easily compare with the final result and not waste time on tracing a tiny-tiny bug.
I tried to make it as clear as possible and to share as much as possible examples that I face in my everyday work process as PHP Drupal developer. The skills that are covered in this course are surely stuff that you would need if your are building complex Drupal 8 applications and are "Must have" as a knowledge for every Drupal developer...
Who this course is for:
- Drupal developers that want to learn coding
- PHP developers that want to learn Drupal 8 coding
- Symfony developers that want to learn how the code could be implemented in Drupal
- people that like Drupal and programming
- Drupal themers and site builders who want to learn programming
- just about anyone who is willing to learn Drupal module development
Highly dedicated developer with a true passion for programming. In my work I am taking care of every aspect of the Drupal Application’s functionality. I love to teach Drupal at my work and in any other possible occasions.
I have Bachelors and Masters degree in Computer Science and I am working as PHP developer for over 8 years and as PHP Drupal developer for more than 7 years.
Other technologies that I really love are Elastic Search, Varnish, MongoDB, Mink/Behat, Python ...