How to Play Djembe,Drum & Rhythm and teach Children. Level 1
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 13 mins on-demand audio
- 1 article
- 5 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- How to play with more joy, passion, and confidence and inspire the children around you.
- This is Zikalo Method. The magic of playfulness! Zikalo Method is about developing a playful relationship with music! In Ivory Coast, west Africa, where I grew up, in my native language "Gban", the word Zikalo means music where “everybody joins in” In this course you will learn easy drumming patterns, phrases and rhythmic games. Not only that I will teach you the rhythms with drum, I will also teach you how you can move with the rhythms, sing them, step and clap them so that your whole body absorb them.
- Soon, after you start this course you will want to improvise and interact, using these new skills. Rhythm is not a mystery, it is not given to a chosen few. Rhythm is born into each and every one of us. There is a magic and music in you waiting to come out. With this training course I’ll show you how easy it really is. Use them both for yourself and with your children. If you are a teacher, involve your students. Share it with your friends.
- You do not need to know anything about drumming before taking this course. In fact you do not even need a drum. You can play these rhythms wherever you want, a table, an empty bucket, or even your own body.
Ever wanted to have a playful relationship with drum, rhythm?
In this course you will learn how to teach and inspire children too with drum and rhythm. With each lecture you will learn easy drumming patterns, phrases and rhythmic games.
Soon you will want to improvise and interact, using these new skills.
Rhythm is not a mystery, it is not given to a chosen few. Rhythm is born into each and every one of us.
With this training course I'll show you how easy it really is.
Use them both for yourself and for your children. If you are a teacher, involve your students. Share it with your friends.
ATTENTION ! You do not even need a drum. You can play these rhythms wherever you want, a table, an empty bucket, or even your own chest.
- - This course is designed for anybody who like to play or explore music and rhythm.
- - You just want to have fun and then share with friends.
- - You are a teacher working with kids and want new ideas about how to play drum and rhythm with the kids.
- - You are a mother or father or grandmother or grandfather and just want to use these rhythms and have fun with the kids at home. This is the right course for you.
- - You are a storyteller and will like to use drumming with some of your stories.
- - You are a professional musician and want some new ideas or you are not a musician at all, you just want to play. Take this course!
The vocal (Bom) is a bass sound played in the middle of the drum.
The vocal (Pa) is always light sound played with the right hand at the right edge of the drum.
The best way to learn rhythms is to listen, sing and imitate. Always sing the rhythms first, play them afterwards.
Conversely, for those who are left-hand.
The most important thing is that you play with and vary the rhythms after being comfortable with what you hear here.