Drum Mic Technique: Record better sounds today.
What you'll learn
- Choose the correct microphone
- Know what a good starting point is for the drum sound they want to get
- Able to listen critically to the position of the microphone
- Achieve the drum sound of their choosing
- This course should be viewed with a proper listening environment
- If not have a set of headphones you trust to judge the sounds
Great drums sounds can make or break your recording. With great drum sounds mixing becomes easier, more fluid, and take less time.
Tired of drums that get lost in the mix? Tired of drums that sound flat? Do your drums sound like you recorded a cardboard box?
Use what you learn in this class to improve:
- Drum clarity
- Drum punch
- Drum cohesion
- Recorded performance
- and more....
With 28 lectures and more than 2 hours of video you can't afford not to take it.
Who this course is for:
- No prior audio knowledge is needed.
- This course is meant for anyone looking to improve the overall quality of their recorded drums.
- This course show single and multi microphone set ups on a drum kit
Audio Engineer, Mastering Engineer, Sound Designer, Video Game Developer with over 24 years of experience. I have mastered over 2400 local, regional, and national releases. I have recorded more than 250 records. Done sound design and Post-Production mixing on hundreds of corporate videos, commercials, and PBS shows.I have taught master classes at BYU, UVU, and online. I have a passion for learning and teaching.