Drug Development and Pharmaceutical R&D Business Framework
What you'll learn
- Know what are core activities carried out in each phase of the project and their importance
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of different business functions in the drug development process
- Understand core strategic and project management aspects of business operations in the development of a drug in medium and large biopharmaceutical companies
- Understand the terminology used in the drug development project lifecycle
- Understand the business platforms and tools used to drive and support drug development projects
- Primarily you have an open mind and the will to learn
- It is an advantage if you have you have a background in life science or business.
- It is an advantage if you have a strong business acumen and are able to understand business processes and project management concepts as well as workflows or processes
- Last but not least, some technical understanding of business technology applications or software used to support business operations are an asset for this course
Are you considering a career in the biopharmaceutical industry? Are you a new employee or non-technical person working in Pharmaceutical R&D?
About This Course
This course will provide you with an overview of the whole Drug Development process, from drug discovery to regulatory submission, with insights into team structure, project management framework, governance & reporting.
In essence, the course will provide you with the assets to be familiarised and make you more comfortable working for or with a biopharma company.
Why You Should Join
To improve the understanding of the essential steps in drug development process with focus on the development stages
Understand the business and operational aspects of managing drug development projects
Understand the responsibilities of R&D functions' and project teams along the drug development process
By the end of this course, you will:
Get a solid foundation in the drug development process and who are major actors in a biopharma company
Identify the essential steps in the drug development process
Identify the key functions involved in the drug development process
Recognise the key decision points, phases, workpackages and deliverables in a drug development project
Key Take Aways
Drug Development phases from discovery, through clinical development to submission
Clinical Development : general principles of clinical trials and phase specificities
The Global Drug Development Plan and the Target Product Profile (TPP) and their importance
Roles and responsibilities of R&D Functions (Chemistry, Manufacturing, and Controls, Project Management, Regulatory Affairs, Clinical, Non-Clinical Development)
Project Management framework for modern pharmaceutical development: Project phases, milestones, governance
Professionals new to drug development and clinical research
Scientific and non-scientific employee eager to better understand business and operational aspects of driving drug development projects
Anybody interested in learning more about the drug development process
Who this course is for:
- Anybody new to the pharmaceutical sector especially R&D and who would like to work in this sector
- People who need a fundamental knowledge on drug development for their job (e.g. IT company which are providers for pharma firms)
- Graduate and Undergraduate students, (in biotechnology, life sciences, pharmacy and related pharmaceutical domains), whose institutions do not offer courses like this one
- This course is NOT for seasoned professionals in pharmaceutical development
Project Upskill: Creating opportunities
Project Upskill is an initiative to bring special and industry-specific topics as e-learning courses which would otherwise not be easily accessible to the general public. Project upskill has as objective, in the long run, to bring talented experts in selected business sectors to share specialist knowledge with and help students achieve their goals.
Learning and sharing knowledge is core to my way of living, whether I do it for personal or professional motives.
I have had the chance and pleasure to learn a lot and my mission is to share this knowledge and help students achieve their goals.
For students who register for one of my courses, I'd like to thank you so much for doing so and I hope you'll find a compelling learning experience.
There is no such thing as negative feedback and I am open to constructive dialogue so that you can make the best out of my courses.
Wish you a great time learning!
What matters to me
A personal commitment to make myself a better person and improve everyday.
As a professional interacting with internal and external stakeholders I commit to deliver the right solutions based on agreement and trust.
My background and experience
As a high-achieving individual, I have a strong multidisciplinary professional and academic track record that cuts across consulting, project management, informatics and life sciences.
As a former consultant and currently a project management office (PMO) professional, I have designed processes, tools and trainings that have empowered organisations and projects teams and helped them in reaching their targets.
The core fields I thrive in are project management methods and tools (software), business analysis as well as team training and onboarding, especially in the pharmaceutical sector.
I hold two Master degrees, notably in Bioinformatics and Project Management for Pharmaceutical Biotechnology.
What I do in my spare time
I love being with my family and friends, especially around good food. Therefore, I love cooking too and also going out to restaurants. I enjoy sci-fi and action movies as well as Japanese animations.
Since 2016, I have started to develop myself as an artist-photographer and have had the chance to exhibit my work on several occasions in Frankfurt and surroundings in Germany.