Drone Photography and Image Editing with Lightroom & More!
What you'll learn
- Students will have the basics on drone exposure setting and shooting manual for their drone images.
- Students will be able to organize, edit, and export their images to multiple formats
- Students will have the foundation for making exciting edits to their new and previous digital images.
- Students will understand how to resize images for different media display. Web vs Print
- Students will be able to edit their drone images using Lightroom as their image hub.
- Students will need a drone, DJI preferred as we'll be using DJI Go4 app and the Litchi App
- Students should understand the FAA rules on drone flight
- Students should have basic computer skills
- Students will need a copy of Adobe Lightroom
- Students do not need the latest version of Lightroom
In this course you'll learn the basics of taking control of your drone aerial photography images. We'll cover initial drone still photography setups, with a focus on making manual adjustments for your exposure and focus points. The first section of the course will focus on understanding exposure and how to adjust for the right exposure manually. Please keep in mind, this is not a drone flight instruction course, we're specifically focusing on generating still photos with our drone, and editing them with multiple photo editing software packages.
In section two of this class we'll cover the software used on your Smartphone or Tablet. We'll be working with DJI Go4 and Litchi, and we'll walk you through each app and how you can make manual adjustments to get the right exposure every time!
From the initial setups we'll be ready to take a quick flight and work with our photo settings while in the air. Both the DJI Go4 app and the Litchi app will be covered in depth in order to help you feel familiar with the interfaces while you're in the air.
Moving on from app setup and practicing shooting while flying, the next few sections of the course will cover an actual shoot with each app. We'll cover HDR and AEB setups (to produce HDR photos), we'll talk about single still images, and we'll address some additional features from the apps, like 360 panoramas in the Litchi App.
The class should prepare pilots new to still photography to take better images off the bat, and also how to catalog and edit the images after the shoot is over.
Finally, in a bonus section of this course students will find a "Lightroom Workflow" set of lessons that used to be used in my "in person" classes. The workflow class covers Lightroom 4, but everything in the course is relevant to today's Lightroom as well. This bonus section will show students how to create their own image processing workflow, and should add to their knowledge of how to handle their drone images after a large shoot is over.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in creating interesting drone photography.
- Anyone interested in improving their images taken from their drones.
- Anyone interested in improving their drone photography workflow.
Since the 90's I've been involved in the Tech industry in one fashion or other. For a decade I was in Telecommunications working with Sprint PCS, AT&T Wireless, and US Cellular. During my time with the big carriers I spent a lot of time creating training packages for technicians and engineers working on wireless switches.
Since 2006 my focus switched toward smaller imaging business topics. Digital Photography, image editing, drone work, 360 imaging and more. Additionally I've been developing websites for RV Parks and Resorts in the Southwest. I've taken my interests in travel and imaging, and merged them together into my small business today.
I have tied my network engineering knowledge together with more artistic endeavors in order to create RLC Design Services. And now I'm bringing some of my skill sets to Udemy. If you're interested in effective website development, SEO, photography, and drone photography keep an eye on my new course offerings.