Virtual Reality - Driving Experience project (2022)
What you'll learn
- Set a car in Unity 3D with sound and real physics
- Set different cameras and allow the player to switch between them
- Import an awesome race track with palms and lake
- Set a countdown timer to track your fastest laps
- Improve the project’s performance via Profiler Tab and FPS output
- Make your Unity project work on a Virtual Reality Headset
- Use a VR controller to control your race car
- Create a GIT and upload your project
- Configure and use Unity Cloud
- Download and run the project on your smartphone
- Practice a little for when you are on a real live race car
- All the steps are fully described on the lesson description
- You need Unity 3D installed, some basic knowledge is good but not required.
- You need a virtual reality headset Google's Cardboard style.
- A gamepad will be extremely useful (I am using VR PARK-V3)
Hello, my name is João Dessain Saraiva and besides working as a web developer one of my favourite hobbies is virtual reality. To stay updated with this technology I like to create content for Udemy and I am also a virtual reality technical advisor for a british VR company.
So I always wanted to drive a race car on a professional race track, and since I didn't have the chance to do it yet I decided to make a virtual reality project about it.We are going to build a race track in Unity 3D and import a car model, set 3 different player view perspectives and a countdown timer tracker to keep track of our driving skills.The project will be built on Unity Cloud and we will also apply some techniques to improve the overall performance, and yes for sure it will have virtual reality and gamepad support.
The lessons contents is fully described, and if you have any question don’t hesitate in posting it I’ll be here to help you out, let’s go!
You will learn how to:
Use Unity 3D to create a basic scene
Car racing scenario
Configure camera and perspectives of view
Switch between cameras
Import scenes and assets
Set and code a countdown timer
Techniques and methods to improve performance
Prepare and deploy your project on a Virtual Reality headset
Use Unity Cloud to build your Unity 3D projects, save resources and time
You will always feedback and custom response to your questions
Get to know more about our courses at hackademy tk
Who this course is for:
- Anyone with basic Unity 3D knowledge
- Students what want to learn about Virtual Reality or improve their knowledge
Courses range from WordPress, virtual reality, apps coding and other information technologies domains.
I have been teaching IT since 2007 and besides having a master degree in multimedia I like to share my knowledge and learn from my students to improve with each new course
Sharing my IT passion with you is the main goal, check out the positive feedbacks and I hope to have one from you in the future.
Start learning now, sign up today.