Complete Drawing On The iPad Using ArtStudio
What you'll learn
- Confidently Navigate The ArtStudio Application
- Customize The Default Pencil Tool To Replicate A 2B Pencil
- Transfer Their Art Knowledge To Working On The iPad
- Complete A Project - Drawing A Bird In Pencil Style
- You Should Have An iPad, An Apple Pencil, And The ArtStudio App.
- A desire to learn digital painting techniques
17/02/18 : Added additional reference photos to the Pear project.
05/01/18 : Added over two hours of new content in a complete second project!
20/10/17 : Now includes custom closed captions for all video lectures!
21/10/17 : Now includes a free 30 page companion PDF file so you can follow along away from an internet connection!
Learn to take your existing drawing knowledge and experience and apply it to the iPad. In this course you will learn the skills needed to create realistic looking pencil sketches, and digital art on the iPad!
Using the powerful application called ArtStudio by Luckyclan, you will have a Photoshop-like experience on the iPad. This pairing is a match made in heaven!
With the mobility of the iPad and the rich feature-set of ArtStudio you will be creating amazing art wherever and whenever you like!
With a customizable brush engine, you will create your own 2B sketching pencil. You will then sketch out a rough bird shape and proceed to refine and develop the image in subsequent lessons. We will be utilizing the Pencil Tool, The Layer Stack, The Selection and Transformation Tools and more!
Covering topics like :
- Creating texture
- Handling lighting
- Refining a design
- Balancing your compositions
- Creating smooth gradations
This course is a must for new and experienced artists alike.
Wait, there is more! : A complete second project has been added to this course. In this complete step by step walk-through, you will compose and paint your own Pear study. Using the reference images provided (or your own if you prefer) you can follow along as I describe :
- The thought process of arranging shapes on the canvas
- How to create flow lines to lead the viewers eye
- How to use color and value to create depth
- How to use shadows to effectively suggest form
- and how to unify your image using value spots.
So, grab your iPad and come join me for a relaxing real-time sketching session on the iPad.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner Artists Looking To Sketch and Draw On The iPad
- Traditional Artists Looking To Experience A Digital Workflow
Hi, I’m Robin. I’m a self-taught Freelance Digital Artist and Illustrator.
I have published drawing courses, ran google hangout sketching sessions and shared tutorials through social media but what I’m best known for is running a Youtube channel where I talk about and create Concept Art, Fantasy Art and more Specifically Creature Design.
I believe drawing and illustration is a skill not a gift! Which means that anyone can learn a skill it simply takes guidance, perseverance and a little patience. We are all artists with our own visions to share. And as we go through life we are touched and shaped by many experiences. It is this unique path that each of us follows which makes creating unique and original art so compelling.
It’s never to late to pick up a pencil and start learning, so I invite you to check out my YouTube Channel, my Website and my Courses here on Udemy to learn more about me and the art that I create.
I look forwards to helping you realize the visions in your imagination!