Gesture Drawing - The Key to Drawing Life
What you'll learn
- What is Gesture Drawing
- Learn your unique drawing style
- Learn expressive drawing
- Learn how to draw in a dynamic way
- Become confident in learning to draw in your unique style
- The key to drawing
- The power and potential of Gesture Drawing
- Gesture drawing for figure drawing
- Gesture drawing for drawing still life
- Gesture drawing for drawing people
- How to draw people
- How to draw figures quickly
- There are no requirements for this course. Drawing is an expression everyone can learn
Gesture Drawing is the KEY to unlock your unique creative voice, and the key to unlock YOUR drawing. With this way of drawing, you can DRAW ANYTHING.
Gesture drawing is the most important skill for a beginner to learn because it ensures that you can draw confidently, and that you can draw what YOU see, that no one else sees. Most people misunderstand Gesture drawing: they think it's all about "drawing quickly" or "making a fast sketch". But gesture drawing is about drawing the movement and energy that you see in anything, and in this course, I'm going to show you EXACTLY how to do that.
This class is not just for artists; this class is not solely for people who are figure drawing students; this class is for anyone who wants to unlock their own creative voice and discover their unique drawing language.
I am passionate about sharing this approach and teaching people Gesture Drawing: I've taught so many people how to access this powerful way of drawing, and I've seen how it totally transforms their work. I hope you join me in this class and learn how to tap into your own voice through drawing.
There are 5 drawing projects to work through and each one uses a specific gesture drawing technique that will help you to expand your creative and drawing vocabulary. The projects build from one to the other over the course of the lessons, and by the final project you will get to use all the exercises in one final piece.
In this course you will learn
• What Gesture Drawing is
• What it is NOT
• Why Gesture Drawing is so important to learn for beginner drawing students
• How ANYONE can learn to draw and learn to make powerful drawings
• How to Draw in Gesture style
• Gesture drawing for Figure Drawing
• Drawing a still life
• Drawing pets and animals with Gesture Drawing
• Ways to make a Gesture Drawing with charcoal
• Techniques for making strong and powerful marks for drawing
• How Gesture Drawing unlocks all of your drawing
Who this course is for:
- This course is for artists who want to become unstuck in their practice
- For Figure Drawing students
- For ANYONE who want to learn how to express themselves through drawing
My background spans the disciplines of drawing, painting, filmmaking and animation. I studied Film in Dublin, and spent a semester on a scholarship at the Tisch School of the Arts, NYU in New York. I later studied drawing and animation. Since 2005, I have worked in studios in Vancouver and Dublin as a professional Background Designer and Environment Artist. I've also worked as a storyboard artist, concept artist, and I have directed a number of short animated films.
All in all, I've worked for over 15 years as an Artist, Illustrator and Animation Professional. I've provided artwork for studios whose clients include Disney UK, Sony Pictures Animation, HMH Publishing, to name a few.
I also have an ongoing painting and drawing practice, and I paint portraits on commission, and exhibit my work in galleries. My passion is to teach others the whole spectrum of art skills that I've learned and developed over the course of my career.