Drawing Fundamentals: Perspective Basics for 3D Sketching
What you'll learn
- Understanding the basic elements of perspective & how they work together to create illusion of 3D forms
- How to use one & two-point perspective to draw three dimensional objects from your imagination
- How to draw the boxes, cylinders, and spheres & combine them to create any objects you want
- Avoid the most common beginner perspective mistakes that will make your drawings look unrealistic and amateurish
- Learn easy perspective tricks that will allow you to draw 3D objects at any angle
- How to analyze objects so you can understand their structure and draw them with ease
- Get easy-to-follow, step-by-step instruction on how to draw everyday objects
- And a whole lot more!
- No previous drawing experience needed! This course is designed for the complete beginner.
In this part of the Drawing Fundamentals Made Simple series, you're going to learn the foundational skills and perspective principles that will allow you to draw from your imagination.
In the first section of this course, we'll begin by learning the basics of perspective drawing. You'll learn concepts like the horizon line, vanishing points, line convergence, and how to use them to create 3D objects and scenes. We'll cover how one and two-point perspective work… and then we'll go through step-by-step exercises where you can practice drawing simple boxes and modify them to create a variety of shapes.
Once you're comfortable with constructing boxes, we'll apply this knowledge to drawing actual 3D objects from your imagination. We'll do this in both one and two-point perspectives.
Now that you have a good understanding of how to draw boxy objects, in the next section, we'll cover curved objects. You'll learn the simple rules that explain how ellipse and circle perspective works and how to use them to draw cylinders at various angles.
Then we'll go through a bunch of different exercises where you'll learn how to combine boxes and cylinders to create all sorts of everyday objects.
Lastly in the final section, we'll dive into drawing spherical forms. Again, you'll learn how to use perspective to create three-dimensional spheres.
And we'll go through lots of examples of how to use this knowledge to draw even more complex subjects.
By the end of this course, you'll have a good understanding of how to draw boxes, cylinders, and spheres and how to use them to construct more complex objects from your imagination.
This course was designed for beginning and intermediate artists who want to build a solid foundation in constructive drawing.
All the concepts are explained in a clear & easy to understand manner and you'll get lots of step-by-step examples to help you deepen your understanding.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn the essential skills of drawing from imagination so they can jump start their artistic journey.
My name is Ethan Nguyen and I am an artist and teacher.
I fell in love with drawing since I was a little kid copying the images I saw in my favorite comic books.
Having never gone to art school, I taught myself how to draw through countless books, online courses, and trials and errors. Now, I want to give back to the community and share what I’ve learned.
One of the things I love about teaching is trying to understand art at a deep level and then sharing these insights with my students. My strength as a teacher comes from my ability to deconstruct complex subjects into manageable, easy-to-understand concepts.
In order to sharpen my skills and expand my knowledge, I am constantly researching, studying, and practicing to improve my craft.