Drawing For Painters
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 12 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- This course will give students the fundamentals necessary to draw what they see accurately, before they begin their painting.
- The skills students will take away from this course are many that will make their artwork joyful, not stressful!
- one and two point perspective
- using shapes to create objects
- placement in space of objects in a group
- "sight size" using a brush handle or pencil to determine proportions
- building the drawing using relationships within the subject (using angles to create reference marks)
- drawing from life or photos
- No prior knowledge is needed. This is a great starting point for new painters or a valuable reminder and resource for existing painters.
- You will need a newsprint pad or sketch pad (preferably 11x14 or larger), pencil or vine charcoal stick, marker, eraser, ruler or straight edge. a chamois cloth or paper towel.
Drawing for Painters covers the skills that every painter needs. This course addresses the common problems artists encounter. Your instructor, Desiree Holmes Scherini, is an artist and arts instructor, recognized as a top painting instructor, she has been teaching drawing and painting since 2003. In this course she takes you through lessons just as she would in her classroom, with easygoing presentation full of valuable information. Here you have your private lessons to use whenever needed, with instructional drawings provided in resources to download and use. This course will give you the tools to start right and move quickly to a successful painting!
- Painters who want to improve their painting experience with needed drawing skills.
- Artists who want to be able to evaluate their drawing or painting to figure out "whats wrong".
- The artist who wants to avoid the pitfall of having a painting fail because the drawing was at fault.
- This is an excellent starting point for any new artist. Best to learn these skills before starting to paint.
In this lesson I discuss how we will be drawing during the course in these lessons, versus, how you will be drawing when you are actually preparing a painting. From here, our next lesson will move right into the drawing lessons with supplies handy!
This video shows how the 2 dimensional shapes translate into 3 dimensional representations in your art. Understanding how to create the basic shapes in 3 dimensions and how to draw them is a cornerstone to a successful painting.