Free-Hand Draw Cartoons with Colin Bradley
- 9.5 hours on-demand video
- 3 articles
- 34 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Have a set of fun cartoons they can be proud of
- Understand the techniques for drawing free hand cartoons
- Learn how to use colouring pencils to colour cartoons effectively
- Apply the techniques learned to create their own cartoons
- B or 2B Graphite Pencil
- Pencil Eraser
- Ruler (a rolling ruler is ideal)
- Colouring Pencils (Colin uses Albrecht Durer by Faber-Castell)
- Pen (Optional, for inking your cartoons - Colin uses a Faber-Castell Pitt Superfine Point Black Pen)
￼As long as I can remember I have always loved cartoons.
I really could not put my comics down following the adventures of the characters in the “Beano”, “The Dandy”, “The Eagle” and the countless American comics I used to buy then swap with my friends. So it was inevitable that as I was quite good at drawing I would copy many of the subjects and even invent my own.
I am convinced that my early drawing skills were learnt drawing these wonderful fun characters, it has led me on to where I am today and they will work for you too.
Although there are set plans to follow drawing the cartoons shown in these lessons, there are freehand skills to learn. By learning these basic techniques it will greatly improve your overall freehand experience when drawing the more exacting subjects like the animals, landscapes and portraits.
With each cartoon you'll get a reference sheet where you can copy the dimensions and replicate what you see with the help of the videos.
There's 16 Cartoons that you'll be taught how to draw:
- George the Dog
- Mitsie the Cat
- Harry the Hare
- Marty Mouse
- Max the Cat
- Silly Bullie
- Patch the Dog
- Patch, Max & Marty
- Chipper the Bird
- Benny the Bear
- Atlanta the Mermaid
- Guard Dog
- Douglas the Turtle (colouring lesson included)
- Fifi Vinegar Jones (colouring lesson included)
- Nell the Elephant (colouring lesson included)
- Mick the Monkey (colouring lesson included)
4 of the Cartoons also have colouring lessons to introduce you to using coloured pencils and Colin's techniques.
You can then apply these to the other cartoons and your own ones in future!
- Anyone that wants to draw cartoons
- Anyone that wants to learn free hand drawing
- Anyone that wants to know how to create characters
- Anyone who wants to learn how to colour cartoons with colouring pencils
- Anyone who wants to learn how to ink their cartoons with pen