How to Draw and Sketch for Absolute Beginners pt 1
What you'll learn
- By the end of this course you will be able to draw almost anything
- The correct way to use reference
- Draw what they see and observe
- Draw basic lines and shapes
- Understand the basics of volume , light , shadow and composition
- Feel confident enough to further their artistic learning on any subject.
- Understand that everything is made of a few basic shapes
- There is absolutely no prior experience required to take this course
- No software is needed
- Only a pencil or pen and paper is needed
Drawing and sketching can seem like magic if you don't know how to do it. It's not magic, it's a skill. that means it can be taught and I will be your instructor. Just like anything and everything you have learned you had to know the very basics. You can't do math without knowing how to count and you can't drive without knowing what the key looks like.
This course is your "key". All drawing starts with lines, some are straight, some are curved and rough but all are lines. Lines are used to make shapes and shapes become volumes (3d shapes) and everything in the world is made from shapes.
I will teach you to use those shapes. I will show you how to make lines shapes and volumes. You will learn to hone your observational skills and draw what you see, and even what is in your head if you study and practice enough.
You need no experience in drawing. Absolutely zero ! There is no special software just a regular pencil and some paper.
If you have always wanted to learn to draw this is the course for you. If you are a graphic artist that knows learning to draw will save you time and money, take this course. If you want to make comics or cartoons then this will be the course that will be your starting point.
This is the beginner class. Often books tell you to start by making 3d shapes but what if you are having trouble with that? If you are , I got you covered.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn how to draw using a pencil and paper
- Anyone who wants to learn drawing in a more "traditional" way.
- Anyone wanting to increase their drawing skills
- The absolute beginner with zero ability to draw
- Graphic artists that want to learn to draw.
- The hobbyist who has wanted to learn to draw
- Anyone who wants to make comics or games or express their artistic desires.
- Everyone who has "How to" art books on their shelves but still couldn't draw
- Everyone who has watched a drawing video but still couldnt draw.
Aside from being an artist as long as I can remember I started offering a few tutorials on Youtube. Little did I know that by teaching people the fundamentals of art and anatomy i'd begin a new dimension to my career. Being a working freelance illustrator with a youtube channel is hard work, and I wouldn't change a thing. I steadily expanded my work from clients who needed branding to doing work on indie games and apps. i enjoy helping artists and non artist achieve that next level. The road to artistic expression and freedom is paved with hard work and dedication. There are setbacks and monsters to slay , but the rewards are great.