Draping in Fashion Design
What you'll learn
- 1. Understanding draping
- 2. Understanding dress form basics, types, and terminologies
- 3. How to handle muslin and its variety for draping
- 4. Draping of 1 and 2 dart basic bodice and dartless bodice
- 5. Draping a variety of patterns like basic dress, cowl neckline, circular skirt, cascade top, etc.
- Open To All Learners
Understanding dress form basics, types, and terminologies.
How to handle muslin and its variety for draping.
Draping of 1 and 2 dart basic bodice and dartless bodice.
Draping a variety of patterns like basic dress, cowl neckline, circular skirt, cascade top, etc.
Draping is an easy and a difficult task at the same time. Draping is a process which gives designers the idea about how the final product or garment will look like. It is a part of the production process.
Once you have ideas on paper and understand pattern making, the next step is draping. This course is intricately designed to equip students with the necessary details on draping from basics to advanced.
To understand draping, firstly, an individual needs to be acquainted with dress forms, its types, and different terminologies associated with it. The course is divided into four sections across 15 topics including the introduction video to IDL.
The four sections are -
Muslin Types and Use
The first section will introduce you to dress forms, its types, and terminologies associated with it. The second section will provide practical insights on muslin, its properties, its types, and its use in context to draping. The third section covers draping in 1 and 2 dart basic bodice. The fourth section covers draping of dartless bodice, basic dress, cascade top cowl neckline, and so on.
The topics are explained through demo videos. Additional tips on measurements and pinning while draping are given as and when necessary.
Who this course is for:
- 1. Anyone who wants to learn draping
- 2. Anyone who wants to learn a new skill
- 3. Aspiring and professional artists, students, and fashion designers, fashion stylists, fashion managers, and fashion bloggers
- 4. Enthusiasts who want to pursue a career in different domains of Fashion Design
Indian Design League is one of its kind edtech training academy which offers creative and cutting-edge courses right at your fingertips. IDL provides access to exemplary quality of online learning, resources, and instructors and you can learn anywhere, anytime. The courses at IDL are intricately designed as per competent industry standards and the language is easy to understand.