Double Entry Bookkeeping
What you'll learn
- By the end of this course students will understand and be able to produce a simple set of accounts up to the trial balance stage.
- This course is for complete beginners. No previous Bookkeeping experience or software packages required for this course
There is a lot of mystery surrounding double entry bookkeeping, in this course we will follow some simple steps which explains the concepts of double entry bookkeeping easily and quickly.In this course we will cove:
- What is bookkeeping?
- Business Transactions
- Basic Accounting Principles
- Business Documentation
- Types of Ledger Accounts
- The Ledger Account Layout
- Making entries into Ledger Accounts
- Balancing Ledger Accounts
- The Trial Balance
The course should only take about an hour to complete and by the end of this course students will understand and be able to produce a simple set of accounts up to the trial balance stage.
Who this course is for:
- • Those self-employed individuals looking to learn how to do their own bookkeeping, this course provides the basic knowledge to produce a set of accounting books up to the trial balance stage. If you want to really understand the financial performance and financial position of your business then a knowledge of double entry bookkeeping is very useful, it can also help you save on the cost of your accountants fees. • Those considering a career in finance, this course provides a free and easy way for students decide if a career in finance would be for them. • This course will provide excellent revision material for those already studying a recognised bookkeeping course:
My name is Ruth McDougall, I am a part qualified accountant through ACCA (The association of chartered certified accountants), and an ICB (Institute of Certified Bookkeepers) approved learning provider.
I started my accountancy studies many years ago with the ACCA's foundation in accounting and progress from there through the ACCA's fundamental papers and more recently the ACCA's professional papers. For two of my ACCA exams I placed within the top 10 highest scorers in the world. This prompted me to do a lot of research into teaching styles and learning techniques.
I love the learning portal provided by udemy. I believe it to be a very efficient and effective way of learning, one that lends itself very well to students studying towards ACCA foundation in accounting and ICB qualifications.