How To Draw Dogs Vol 1 - Pug, Collie, Labrador & Terrier
What you'll learn
- How to use Pastel Pencil Techniques to Draw a variety of Dogs
- Apply the light to dark rule when layering pastel tones
- Be able to apply the techniques learnt to their own pictures
- Easy to copy techniques with step by step videos
- Selection of Pastel Pencils (Faber-Castell is what Colin uses and refers to)
- Pastel Paper - Colin uses Sand Coloured Fabriano Ingres Paper
- Colour Shaper Blending Tool (We recommend to have a grey chisel size 2 shaper at least. See the materials lecture for more information on other shapers used.)
- Eraser (we recommend a double ended eraser - one with a soft and hard end)
In my 30+ Years of Teaching Experience I have found that Pastel Pencils is the by far the easiest art medium to pick up and learn.
In this course you will learn how to use a range of pastel pencils to create 4 stunning pictures!
I believe these 4 subjects are a great combination of learning techniques for drawing dogs. You will learn how to draw a variety of different dogs - from long to short hairs!
There are elements in all 4 pictures that I feel a student will learn so much from and be able to apply the same techniques to their own work.
For all pictures I use Sand Coloured Fabriano Ingres Paper, this is a great neutral tone and works so well for all kinds of subjects. It is ideal for someone fairly new to pastel pencil work as you can erase so easily on the paper. I also use Faber-Castell Pitt Pastel Pencils and refer to these throughout the course. You can of course use any materials that you wish to use.
I would recommend this course for intermediate level artists. Perhaps you have tried my free courses and want to venture into the next level up or have already used Pastel Pencils before.
If you are just starting out with pastel pencils let me not discourage you from giving this subject a go, you will certainly learn a lot from the lessons and hopefully enjoy it as you do!
I provide you with an outline drawing for each subject so that you do not have to draw free hand. Trace this through to your paper or print it straight out using your printer.
I walk you through step by step with Video instruction how to draw each stage. You'll learn techniques behind drawing dogs and create pictures you can be proud of.
I have broken the course down into bitesize chunks that you can follow and return to with ease.
If you love drawing and want to discover easy techniques to create stunning art that you can transfer to your own pictures then this course is for you.
Who this course is for:
- Those that have potentially tried Colin's free courses and want to try more challenging pictures
- Students with some drawing experience wishing to use pastels
- Artists that wish to learn Colin's self taught pastel pencil techniques in their own work
- Intermediate Level Artists
Colin Bradley became a professional artist in 1982 and opened his gallery in Broadstairs the same year. With 35+ years experience, 30,000 subscribers on YouTube and over 3 million views, his teaching has inspired people all around the world. Over the years, Colin has developed a range of unique techniques which you won’t find anywhere else.