Oxford Diploma :Thoughtful Economics
What you'll learn
- A sense of pride that merely by enrolling they have helped dogs
- A greater understanding of Economics (as taught by dogs)
- Be aware of surprising parallels between 'Trumponomics' and 'Dogonomics'
- If you own a dog you will now look at your 'friend' in a whole new light!
- Economics and decluttering
- Consumerism v minimalism
- Is minimalism bad for the economy?
- Buddhist economics
- Be open to the idea of helping a charity and ......
- ...learning some Economics!
- Think creatively when faced with photos of smiling dogs!¬
Notice: Please do NOT enrol on this course on impulse, thinking you might watch it later. Maybe show an interest on impulse, yes, but before you enrol, watch the Preview videos, read the Course Description and then make a decision. If you then enrol then please start the course as soon as possible. Watch the lectures, look at the workbooks and join in the discussions. Joining my courses is a serious business and I want you to get the most out of your study – but I also want you to enjoy the course.
That is why I am asking that you only enrol because you really want to and that you start the course intending to make full use of all the resources.
You will be very welcome.
Just to answer your immediate question....YES! ALL the fees due to me go to CHARITY!
Five reasons to TAKE THIS COURSE right now:
You cannot lose - 30 day refund if you really really don't like the course BUT if you DO like it:
a. updated lectures
b. case studies based on very very current news items
c. detailed responses to messages
d. I constantly attempt to have a 'class atmosphere' e.g. throwing questions open to all
e. regular Announcements that are not disguised sales ploys
f. regular FREE access to numerous other courses offered by me
I am a lecturer/teacher in Economics by trade i.e. I teach full-time for a living. I have been Principal, Director of Studies and Head of Economics. (Oxford, UK) I have lectured in University, adult evening classes and also run over 50 seminars in the UK
I am/have been an Examiner for FIVE different examination boards
I have 100+ books on Amazon - many of them about business/economics
The success of my students has been featured on the BBC, Daily Telegraph, The Times and I have been featured on TV in 2 countries.
I make courses on Udemy primarily because I enjoy the process of causing learning. Many of my courses are to improve lives. One of the Economics courses is to raise money for charity. (100% of revenue goes to the charity)
IT'S THIS ONE!
Fundamentally this course is about helping you.
About this course - it's about DOGonomics....
Dogonomics is the use of the economy for the betterment of dogs.
Just by enrolling on this course you will be helping dogs as ALL FEES from the Instructor and Videographer are waived and given to Dogs4Rescue, a UK charity for dogs.
Just by looking at the PREVIEW helps raise awareness!
So, unique among ALL Udemy courses, your enrolment is an example of market forces (supply,demand) being used to help dogs...
This course covers many many topics in Economics:
Despite appearances, this is a very serious course - with some humour thrown in! By enrolling on this course and working through the many lectures you will learn and learn, think - and perhaps smile a bit.
Plus you will be providing direct help to saving dogs and improving their lives.
You will learn economics from dogs - and by doing so, you will be helping them.
This is a course that you will certainly remember!
New workbook added: Decluttering (July 2019)
Chapter 1 : The economics of decluttering
Chapter 2: Decluttering the company
Chapter 3: How to declutter like an Economist
Chapter 4: Buy less…
Chapter 5: The economics of tidying up
Chapter 6: Declutter your business
Chapter 7: Mistakes people make when decluttering
Chapter 8: The Kondo Effect: the economy-changing magic of tidying up
Costs of clutter
5S lean manufacturing
Declutter your mail inbox
Declutter your home office
Wasting time and opportunities
Thinking like an economist
A rich life with less stuff
How much is enough
The art of letting go
Status quo bias
Minimalism and economics: the endowment effect
Two new workbooks:
Economics New Year 2020
Who this course is for:
- Economics students!
- Anyone and everyone who loves/likes dogs
35+ years experience teaching in schools, universities and other colleges - State and Private Sector. Appeared in 100+ films (including corporate training and fitness videos). 100+ books on Amazon. Featured by the BBC, Polish TV, The Times, The Telegraph and...The Sun.
· University of Oxford (Philosophy and Economics)
· Oxford Brookes (Teacher training)
· University of Glamorgan (Business and Economics)
· Professional qualifications at Masters level
· Business and Economics degree
· Examiner for four major examining boards, at ‘O’ and ‘A’ level.
· Three teaching diplomas plus CELTA
· Qualified fitness trainer
Key academic positions held:
· Principal Oxford School of Learning
· Director of Studies: St Joseph’s Hall, Oxford
· Head of Economics: Cherwell Tutors
· Head of Business and Economics: Pipers Corner School, Buckingham
Founder: Almost Random Theatre
Business and Economics background
Set up and ran Oxford Conferences and ran 50+ Business/Economics conferences at schools - all fees to charity
Amazon Business/Economics books include:
· Case studies for Business
· Time management for teachers
· Creativity techniques in Economics
· Drucker in Business Studies
· Creativity in Business
· Business calculations
· Further applications of de Bono
· Applying de Bono
· Philosophy Games
Taught students at the University of Oxford , Brookes University and schools in the state and independent sector
Principal of Oxford School of Learning for 15 years
Created OSL Training and trained Business, Psychology and Sociology teachers
Set up Marketing Education Services in the 1980s and sold cassette tape recordings of my lectures at the University of Oxford
Featured in The Times, The Telegraph, the BBC, ITV and Polish national television owing to the success of my teaching techniques and subsequent success of my students.
Ex-Buyer for a major car company
Psychology and Motivation background
Author of 100+ books on Amazon (mainly Business/Economics/Psychology) including:
· GCSE Psychology thru Mind Maps
· AS/A2 Psychology
· AS Psychology thru Mind Maps
· A2 Psychology thru Mind Maps
· Lifestyle Plan
· The Internet and Psychology
Through his own business OSL Training has run training courses for teachers of Psychology
Writer of several plays about death and appeared in films dealing with death
Theatre and Film Career
· 2012 - set up Almost Random Theatre.
· Since 2012 the theatre has delivered workshops in Scotland, Wales, Czech Republic and Poland as well as 15 schools in England.
· Chris has written/directed over 50 short and 3 one-Act plays that have subsequently been performed in London and Oxford.
· Scripts for three of his plays have been sold, via an Independent publisher, to schools in the UK.
· Course-creator/author of Coping with Old Age and Death - one person's perspective.
· He has also had plays put on - and performed in - Oxford and Brighton Fringes, London, Scotland and Wales.
· Chris has appeared in over 112 films.
· Ambassador for Heart UK
· Stoke Lead and member of Research panel for the Stroke Association
· Board member of Stroke Club UK
· Member of Different Strokes (charity)
· Member of PHC (Public Health Collaboration) UK
· Author of 6-volume Lifestyle Manual
· Author of other Lifestyle books on Amazon
· Originator of the Holman Protocol
Nothing in any of Chris's courses should be interpreted as linking to or representing any of the above stroke organisations.