Dog Training for Newcomers
What you'll learn
- You will learn how to teach your puppy/dog their life skills, to help them to become a well mannered canine companion
- You'll be able to teach your puppy/dog a recall, which is vital if they are off lead
- You will also be able to teach your puppy/dog how to walk nicely on a lead
- All training is taught in a positive way, with reward base training
- Apart from the tricks and the finishing position all the other tutorials have PDF's for you to download and reference
- No previous experience in training your puppy/dog is required as we will talk you through how to teach them
Congratulations on your new puppy or rescue dog! May you have lots of fun and enjoyment training them. In this course we aim to show you how to train your puppy/dog and to teach them the life skills needed for them to succeed in life and to make it a happy home for everyone.
These tutorials will show you how to teach your canine companion basic commands, like sit, down, stand, stay/wait. We have included a section totally for recall and all the core exercises we do for teaching a solid reliable recall.
Next, there is also a loose lead section, which was our online loose lead workshop that we created during Lockdown and all the core exercises needed to teach your pup to walk nicely on a lead.
Then we have a section, which is a little more advanced and the tutorials show you how to teach Leave, Stop, Drop and the Finishing Position.
Lastly for fun, and as an added extra, we have included a few tricks for you to teach your puppy/dog. These are spin (left or right) leg weaves and Play Bow
All our training is taught in a positive way and through reward based training. Dogs learn best by positive association and if they offer a behaviour and get rewarded for it, they are more likely to offer it again.
Who this course is for:
- This course is ideal for the first time puppy/dog owner that would like to teach their canine companion all their basic skills from the comfort of their home. If you are already attending a class then these tutorials will help you to continue in your own time and are there should you be unsure how to teach something.
I am a fully qualified, experienced and insured dog trainer who specialises in teaching Agility training. I have been competing for numerous years now and have recently started on my 'Scentwork' journey
I have attended various dog training courses and agility workshops over the years and will continue to study and expand my knowledge of dog training.