Documentation Used for Business Analysis (IIBA - ECBA)
What you'll learn
- Identify the elements in a data dictionary
- Recognise the limitations of concept modelling
- Distinguish between definitional rules and behavioral rules
- Recognise how to apply glossaries and rules in business analysis
- Recognise steps in the business case creation process
- Describe business capability analysis strengths and limitations
- Describe the elements of use cases and scenarios
- Describe the elements of sequence diagrams
- Recognise considerations in employing user stories
- Recognise the attributes of business and use cases
- Recognise considerations for using metrics and KPIs
- Differentiate between strengths of acceptance and evaluation criteria
- Recognise the limitations of using nonfunctional requirements analysis
- Recognise considerations for using metrics and criteria in business analysis
- No special requirements or prerequisites, but general knowledge about business would facilitate learning.
The Documentation and Criteria Used for Business Analysis is the 11th course of the Business Analysis Certification Program which includes a total of 14 courses. In this course, we're going to look at types of documents you will use as a business analyst.
Some of them are glossaries and business rules you'll need, others are documents you'll create that contain business cases, use cases, and user stories. The final type of documents we'll look at contain metrics and criteria you'll use for evaluating performance and establishing requirements.
Glossaries and Rules
1. Glossary and Data Dictionary
2. Concept Modeling
3. Business Rules Analysis
4. Exercise: Understanding Glossaries and Rules
Business and Use Cases
1. Business Cases
2. Business Capability Analysis
3. Use Cases and Scenarios
4. Sequence Diagrams
5. User Stories
6. Exercise: Understanding Business and Use Cases
Metrics and Criteria
1. Metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
2. Acceptance and Evaluation Criteria
3. Nonfunctional Requirements Analysis
4. Exercise: Understanding Metrics and Criteria
You can use this course to improve your business analysis knowledge and abilities and to obtain the certifications provided by the International Institute of Business Analysis.
That’s it! Now go ahead and push that “Take this course” button and see you on the inside!
Who this course is for:
- Individuals ready to develop their business analysis skills, knowledge and behaviors as practicing business analysis professionals.
Sorin Dumitrascu here! I'm a certified trainer, project manager, and public manager with over 15 years of experience in managing, consulting and designing and delivering online training courses.
I have a Masters degree in International Relations and Policy Making, a Bachelor degree in Public Administration and a professional degree of Public Manager.
I'm specialised in business management, HR management, career development, project management, operations management and business analysis certification and career development courses.
I teach what I practice. I currently work, as a consultant and instructor, in various projects of United Nations, European Union, national and international NGOs and private companies - providing expertise in general management, industrial relations, prisons and corrections and adult education.
Whether you're looking to upskill or simply need guidance, I'm here to help you reach your goals!
#Training #Certified #PublicManager #BusinessManagement #HRManagement #ProjectManagement #OperationsManagement #BusinessAnalysis