Documentary Filmmaking with Soul
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Plan, shoot, and edit a strong, cinematic documentary with deep storytelling roots.
- Conduct powerful, story-driven interviews.
- Cultivate your ability to see, listen, and feel your way into your stories, so every decision is intentional.
- Compose and light for cinematic images.
- Use audio recording equipment to get high quality sound.
- Use Adobe Premiere pro to edit and refine their footage.
- Develop an eye for location scouting.
- Develop the "Shooting for the Edit" mindset.
- Approach doc filmmaking as a craft.
- A dSLR camera, an Adobe Premiere Pro free trial, a tripod, and basic audio recording equipment.
It's time documentaries get a fresh lift. Typically, they are taught with outdated methods which stem from the 90's, with boring talking heads and bad imagery. This class, instead, teaches you how to make modern, cinematic, and story-driven character docs that engage viewers both visually and emotionally.
This class will cover the whole doc making lifecycle, covering how to plan, how to shoot, and how to edit. Part travelogue, part course, all of these lessons are designed to be applicable and get straight-to-the-point. Showing behind-the-scenes footage, they bring you along Dandan's journey of making her beautiful short doc in Tokyo about a female boxer.
All of the lessons are designed to be applicable, get straight-to-the-point, and use minimal equipment.
By the end of this course, you will have all the knowledge and a complete roadmap needed to make your first documentary short.
- Anyone who wants to learn how to make a story-driven, cinematic, and engaging documentary.
- No previous experience necessary.