Doctoral Capstone Experience in Inpatient Behavioral Health
This course disseminates my Occupational Therapy Doctoral Capstone Experience at Iowa Lutheran Hospital in Des Moines, Iowa. During this clinical experience, I participated in direct patient care as well as developed programming for acute mental illness and intellectual disability. Additionally, I have attached copies of all of my assignments for those who are interested in further research on this topic or want to utilize my work as an example in their own setting(s).
Who this course is for:
- Those practicing or interested in occupational therapy, specifically inpatient behavioral health
- 11:02Objectives and Artifacts
- 02:59Introduction to Critically Appraised Topic (CAT)
- 06:20Summary of Key Findings and Clinical Bottom Line
- 03:33Limitations and Conclusions
- 03:20Explanation of Attachments
I am a third year student in the Occupational Therapy Program at Drake University in Des Moines, Iowa. I will graduate in May 2020 with my doctorate and plan to begin my career in inpatient rehabilitation and/or behavioral health in the Des Moines area. My overall career goal is to start my own contracting company to develop behavioral health programming in under served areas of the state and decrease the stigma associated with mental illness.