Dockerless: Deep Dive Into What Containers Really are About
What you'll learn
- Understanding of Open Container Standards
- Hands-on experience with new container tools
- Insights how containers work from inside
- Realisation that Docker is just one of container tools
- Basic Linux knowledge. Some Docker experience will also be helpful.
When someone wants to say "tissue", quite often they would say "Kleenex". When someone wants to say "containers", most likely they would say "Docker" instead.
We realise that "Kleenex" is just a widely accepted name for a particular type of a paper product. If we will see a tissue from another brand, we won't get confused, we will still know what to do with it.
But is that the same with Docker? What do we mean by saying "Docker container"? Is it some generic container or is it something Docker specific? What about the "Docker image"? Do we know what the real tissue behind this is?
We've all been using Docker for so long that we stopped thinking "container" and instead we think "Docker". In the Dockerless course you will learn to see beyond Docker - and try out a lot of new tools.
We'll talk about open container standards and investigate them on practice by using half a dozen various container tools;
We will build container images and run containers - all without Docker;
We will also learn why you don't need a container image to run a container, and why many big players, including AWS, RedHat and Google, move away from Docker - and what they rely on instead;
Who this course is for:
- Developers and infrastructure engineers who want to better understand how Linux containers work beyond just Docker.
mkdev me is an IT consultancy and an educational platform for developers. We provide IT services for companies, enterprise and private training and consulting for developers.
Since 2014 we helped hundreds of developers to start or boost their careers, and dozens of companies to bring their business to a new technological level.
We join forces with 50+ of experts of many different technical domains who provide consulting and mentoring for natural persons and companies on mkdev platform.
For businesses we offer:
• Workshops and Personalized Trainings;
• IT audit & Assessment;
• IT Consulting;
• Assistance in recruitment of IT personnel.
For natural persons we offer:
• Long term individual training with personal mentor;
• Live consultation & Code review
• Assistance in employment (CV review and help, Interview rehearsals, internship and direct employment).
DevOps and Infrastructure Consultant, Cloud Expert, Software Developer, author of two books, mentor and founder of mkdev.
I help companies to increase effectiveness and efficiency in IT sphere - by adapting modern approaches to develop, deliver and maintain both software and infrastructure and by teaching the tools to achieve this goal.
In my spare time, I also try to share as much knowledge as I can, by creating dozens of in depth technical articles, free video courses and writing books.
Located in Munich, Germany.