Docker - Hands On for Java Developers
What you'll learn
- Use Docker on production quality Java systems.
- Distribute systems across multiple nodes in a cluster
- Publish your own images on DockerHub
- Know the differences between images and containers
- Build your own containers from Dockerfiles
- Integrate Docker into your build process
- Suitable for anyone with previous experience of Java Development.
- Some experience of AWS/EC2 is useful for the last major section, but if you're new to it then would serve as a great introduction.
A great course if you're a Java developer looking to get started with Docker. On this course, you'll be working with a real Microservice architecture built using Spring Boot. Your job will be to deploy the application as a set of Docker Containers.
Optionally, you'll be able to run the final system in a real cloud environment (AWS), using Docker Swarm.
Who this course is for:
- Any Java programmer wanting to learn about containerization of production systems
Richard has been developing software for the past 25 years and has a particular fondness for the JVM ecosystem. For the last 15 years he's delivered training courses to projects around the world, and was one of the founders of VirtualPairProgrammers.
His main field of interest is in the DevOps area, managing several large scale projects in the cloud.
Virtual Pair Programmers are here to help you take your programming skills to the next level. We're a group of enthusiastic software trainers who are all professional developers, and have a really practical approach to learning - our courses are full of real world case studies and hands on examples. We teach what you need to know to be productive in the workplace and to get the job done, rather than going through each feature turn by turn.