Docker essentials for .Net Developers - Get started quickly
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 11 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- What is Docker, Which Problems does it solve?
- Basic Docker concepts
- Docker Tools and CLI: Create, Debug and Log
- Use Dockerfiles, Images, Containers, Volumes and more
- How can you use Docker effectively as a software developer
- Practical examples and lots of resources
- The examples will be mostly in dotnet core and linux applications -- C# might be helpful but not necesssary
- Docker is a Linux feature, so basic CLI and Linux/Unix knowledge is a must
Docker is an integral part of modern software development!
If you simply want to try out a new application, need to run multiple versions of the same app on your machine or want to replicate the dev environment of a colleague.
Docker is the technology of choice
In the following Trends of the IT industry it is one or the driving force:
DevOps with CI/CD
Testability of Systems
Scalability of Systems
and much more
So to stay up to date and accelerate your career as a developer you absolutely should at least be comfortable with Docker!
In the course you are going to learn:
Docker in comparison to Virtual Machines
Dockers architecture, what it was built on and why docker is so popular
Which Problems does Docker solve for us as developers?
Useful analogies to cope with the Docker concepts
Compared to object oriented programming
Images are like classes
Containers are like instances
Learn to use the CLI Client effectively
In addition you get to know the following advanced topics:
Multi Stage builds
What is image layering
Automate multiple container setup with docker compose
Also this course comes packed with downloadable materials like a github repository and Cheat sheets for the examples so you can reproduce all of it and deepen your knowledge of Docker.
So go ahead, enroll with the course, becuase of the 30 day money back guarantee of Udemy you have nothing to loose but your confusion about Docker!
I also tend to answer really quickly for course topic related questions ;)
Enjoy the course!
- IT Professionals who wants to understand and use Docker quickly
- DevOps Engineers in .Net Core Environments
- Software developers who want to be future proof
- DevOps Team members