- Basic knowledge of Linux OS and Linux Command line.
This Course takes you on a wonderful journey of learning Containers using key components of Docker Ecosystem. All you need is very basic knowledge of Linux fundamentals like files and processes along with a bit of Linux command line.
By the end of this course, you will be able to understand and appreciate Containers and Docker like a thorough enthusiast and work with them like a pro!
This Course is furnished with:
A carefully arranged and creatively illustrated sequence of topics starting with basic web applications and leading to cluster level container orchestration with swarm,
In-depth breakdown of Docker Ecosystem specific files like Dockerfile and Docker Compose file,
More than 30 Demonstrations of Docker command line, files and applications.
7 Quizzes to test your understanding and correct yourself if needed!
- IT Students, Professionals and Teachers
- DevOps Engineers and Enthusiasts
- System Admins
- Software Engineers
- Computer Engineers
- Software Developers
- Course Outline
- Introduction to Web Applications
- Demo: Creating Simple Web Application
- Forests of Servers
- Introducing Containers
- Introducing Docker
- Demo: Installing Docker on Linux
- Demo: Running Nginx webserver as a Container
- Quiz 1: Web Applications and Containers
- Stages of Containerization
- Architecture and Components of Docker
- A quick look at the format of Dockerfile
- Demo: Dockerfile - Fundamental Instructions
- Demo: Dockerfile - Configuration Instructions
- Demo: Dockerfile - Expose Instructions
- Note for the upcoming Apache demo
- Demo: Containerizing application with Dockerfile
- Quiz 2: Docker Architecture and Dockerfile
- Introduction to Docker Images
- Demo: A quick look at Docker Hub
- Demo: Working with Docker Images | Search, List, Push, Pull
- Demo: Know your Docker Image | Inspect and History
- Demo: Pruning and Removing Images
- A Container is born!
- Demo: Container Run Vs Create
- Demo: Working with Containers | Start, Stop and Rename
- Demo: Attach and execute commands on a running container
- Demo: Port Mapping on Containers
- Demo: Erasing Containers
- Docker Images and Containers Quiz
- Multi-container Applications
- Introduction to Container Networking Model and Docker Network Drivers
- Docker's Native Network Drivers
- Demo: Working with Docker Networks
- Demo: Connect, Disconnect and Inspect Networks
- Docker Networks Quiz
- Docker Storage and When to use it
- Demo: Working with Volumes | Create, List and Remove Volumes
- Demo: Mounting Volumes to Containers
- Docker Storage Quiz
- Introduction to Docker Compose
- Demo: Installing Docker Compose on Linux
- Demo: Structure of Docker Compose file
- Demo: Running Wordpress-MySQL using Docker Compose
- Demo: Docker Compose Command Line
- Docker Compose Quiz
- Introduction to Orchestration and Docker Swarm
- Can Swarm handle failure?
- Demo: Swarm Setup (Part 1) | Installing Virtualbox on Linux
- Demo: Swarm Setup (Part 2) | Installing Docker Machine
- Demo: Swarm Setup (Part 3) | Setting up Nodes
- Demo: Swarm Setup (Part 4) | Initializing Swarm
- Demo: Working with Swarm | List and Inspect Nodes
- Demo: Creating a Service on Swarm
- Demo: Draining a Node on Swarm
- Demo: Scaling and Updating Services on Swarm
- Docker Swarm Quiz
- Bonus Lecture: DCA Exam Preparation Test
- Docker GUI with Kitematic
A family of 30000+ happy students :)
Cerulean Canvas for us means the sky-sized scope of dreams and imagination where you can paint anything!
We are a small group of believers who want to make an impact by doing what we are best at, educating. Sounds like an old-school rock band right? Well, that's the whole point!
Education can bring evolution (information source: time itself) when it is delivered to aspiring minds with utmost care. So, every Book, every Article and every lecture we produce is a performance for us and our first priority is student satisfaction.