Docker Containers For Beginners in DevOps (Hands-on Course)
- Basic Understanding on Linux
A simple and easy to understand Docker Container tutorial and hands-on course for busy professionals and absolute beginners in DevOps. This course was designed with DevOps Beginners in mind. This Docker course full of demos and lab exercises.
Docker is the most popular container engine. Docker is also the most popular application packaging and runtime format. We have designed this course on Docker Containers for Beginners with simple and easy to understand examples.
What you'll learn from this course on Docker Containers:
What is the need for Virtual Machines and Containers
What is a Virtual Machine
What is a Container
Difference between Virtual Machines and Containers
How Containers are better than Virtual Machines
What is a Docker Container
How to run a simple web server Docker Container
How to build a Docker Container Image - 2 methods
How to upload/download the Docker Container Images from the Docker Hub Repository
How to run stateful applications
How to configure persistent storage volumes
How to use persistent storage volumes for a Backend DB application like MySQL or MongoDB
How to run multi-container applications using Docker Compose
How to simplify Develop and Test Engineer Workflow using Docker Compose
Learn what happens under the hood in a Docker Container
Learn some of the little known Docker Container Secrets
Learn Linux Kernel Virtualization Primitives.
This course is covered by Udemy 30 day money back guarantee.
- Software Developers, Application Developers, Software Test Engineers, Managers, DevOps Engineers, IT admins, Anyone who's interested in learning Docker Containers
- Course Introduction02:38
- Need for Containers07:38
- Introduction to Virtual Machines and Docker Containers10:09
- Quiz #13 questions
- Docker Installation on Linux05:33
- Docker Basic Commands11:57
- Manual Method09:43
- Assignment #11 question
- Dockerfile Method07:19
- Persistent Storage Volumes01:49
- Persistent Storage Volumes - Demo12:47
- Docker Compose08:30
- Workflow Automation03:34
- Linux Kernel Virtualization Primitives04:20
- Linux Filesystem Namespace00:52
- Linux Filesystem Namespace - Demo04:16
- Linux Process Namespace02:02
- Linux Process Namespace - Demo04:26
- Linux Network Namespace01:04
- Linux Network Namespace - Demo06:55
- Bonus Lecture00:01
Ganesh Velrajan has 16+ years of experience working for various silicon valley technology companies including Cisco Systems.
He has architected many complex software systems at Cisco and Other Silicon Valley companies.
In the past, he has trained software engineers on various technologies and softwares that Cisco develops.
He also runs a MeetUp group to educate his audience on the latest in Cloud and DevOps Technologies.
He is also the principal research analyst at EthernetResearch, a tech industry research firm.